Menu
oz11
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

BBC Red Button not working

For the last couple of days we haven't been able to get the red button on BBC working to view the Olympic streams. Also iplayer doesn't seem to be working.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC Red Button not working

For Olympics - use channels 561 to 568

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
oz11
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm aware of where to find the channels, but it doesn't help with the iplayer issue. After a long, long wait it displays a "Check your internet connection" message. As fas as I can tell our internet is okay, e.g. posting on this forum with no problems.

0 Kudos
oz11
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

An additional issue with the latest update is that for certain shows when exploring them the "upcoming" option does not match the "episodes" option. E.g. NCIS Los Angeles if we select Episodes only series 3 is highlighted as having any showings. If we go in via the upcoming option it lists a the episodes in series 3 as well as some series 1 and series 6 episodes.

0 Kudos
Lemonyrose
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why is it so cumbersome? other TV systems don't need you to be on a different channel. I now can get the red button streams but it's unbearably slow to load. Not impressed - am I doing something wrong?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi oz11,

Thanks for posting!

I've had a peek at your account and can see you've had a technician booked. Let us know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you need anything.

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
oz11
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh,

Have just checked and the red button and BBC iplayer both appear to be working so I will cancel the engineer's visit.

However, I don't know if you can explain why the "Upcoming" and "Episodes" options in "Explore Show" do not always match, could this be related to the same issue?

Rgds

Oz

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Lemonyrose wrote:
Why is it so cumbersome? other TV systems don't need you to be on a different channel. I now can get the red button streams but it's unbearably slow to load. Not impressed - am I doing something wrong?

you don't have to be on another channel to use the Red Button - the channels mentioned are the actual streams that you would "Red Button" your viewing on, they're actual record-able channels though with only a few days left their content is starting to wane.

the Red Button uses the TiVo internal modem over the older broadband Docsis 1 spec whereas your VM broadband hub runs on Docsis 3. a suspect Red Button experience can indicate an issue on the Docsis 1 side of things, make sure VM have checked your connection to the network thoroughly.

Lemonyrose
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, I'll give them a call. Your explanation will certainly help me to explain!
Cheers!
0 Kudos