Menu
anoldclone
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BBC Iplayer constantly buffering on TiVo

Cannot watch anything on Iplayer as it just constantly buffers on TiVo. Pay for 150mbps service and Netflix etc works perfectly but I have to resort to mirroring from my iPad via an Apple TV box if I want to watch anything from BBC IPlayer.
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC Iplayer constantly buffering on TiVo

Ok. First of all the TiVo has its own 10mb connection so has nothing to do with your BB speed

if everything else is ok then I'm guessing the problem is with the iplayer app which is supplied to virgin by the BBC. And is awful. Slow, clunky hard to use. Over utilised I'm guessing so hence your (and a lot of other people) problem 

I've complained to the BBC only to get the 'oh really! We think it works beautifully ' reply! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi anoldclone,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your iPlayer service is so poor via the TiVo box. It's great to see that Parrotperson was able to give you more information about this issue.

I have run testing to your TiVo and there are no issues reporting back from the box. I can see that over the last few days that our technicians have been working to resolve an issue with all TiVo service apps. This fault has now been cleared. I have sent new signals to your box, please reboot the TiVo and see if this improves the issue. 

Please let me know if this improves your iPlayer service via the TiVo.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
anoldclone
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your attention. The problem seems to be resolved.

Terri_P wrote:

Hi anoldclone,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your iPlayer service is so poor via the TiVo box. It's great to see that Parrotperson was able to give you more information about this issue.

I have run testing to your TiVo and there are no issues reporting back from the box. I can see that over the last few days that our technicians have been working to resolve an issue with all TiVo service apps. This fault has now been cleared. I have sent new signals to your box, please reboot the TiVo and see if this improves the issue. 

Please let me know if this improves your iPlayer service via the TiVo.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi anoldclone,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm glad to hear that your iPlayer is working better for you now.

Please feel free to get back in touch if you have any further problems.

All the best,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
anoldclone
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well, here I am again with BBC IPlayer buffering every five seconds. I am so cheesed off with this expensive service that doesn't work reliably, I will switch to another supplier!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi anoldclone,

I have replied to your separate post concerning this issue here.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos