Menu
11cloudy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BBC Ipalyer

Hello

Ive just been frozen on BBC Iplayer played through TIVO

I also had the screen freeze and couldn't get out of it until I powered down. This happened several times before I gave up

Then played BBC  Iplayer through my BLU RAY player and it works fine

Any ides what the problem is, not there are several post of problems re playing BBC Iplayer through TIVO, but no solutions that I could see

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC Ipalyer

Hi 11cloudy,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that BBC iPlayer has been playing up for you.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have carried out some checks with the box remotely and all looks great from here signal and power level wise.  I have also taken a look at the network side of things and there's no high demand issues causing this either.

Can you let me know if this fault is still happening?  If it is can you please get back tom e with the following information:

*  Does this happen on any other Apps via TiVo® like YouTube or Netflix?

*  Will this happen every time  you use BBC iPlayer?

*  If intermittent, will this happen at specific times of the day or is it random?

With these details I will be able to check further for you.  I look forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
11cloudy
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for response

Only happens iplayer

Stoll happening

Happens when ivuse iplayer continuously over 55 to 65 mind

No particular times that I have noticed
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi 11cloudy,

Thank you for your reply Smiley Happy

I would like to get this checked further with one of our fault teams.  so I will pass this over to get checked out for you.

It may take up to a couple of days to hear back, when I do I shall get back in touch and let you know the outcome. 

I'll be in touch Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mks0125
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have had this same issue with iPlayer, Netflix and YouTube on the Tivo box. Been getting this issue for 5 months and have complained to VM many times.

iPlayer, Netflix and YouTube all work fine when using them on a laptop with the VM Broadband. The VM Tech support explained that the Tivo does not use the broadband line, but has a separate 10Mbs line that it uses. They say the issue due to an external bandwith issue which they were planning to have been upgraded on 18/Nov/2015. Last night they have now told me it be Jan/2016.

They have refunded part of my subscription fee due to the poor service - I recommend that you call up and complain.

0 Kudos