Menu
hansi
Superfast
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

BBC I player buffering

This is a pain.  just watching a programme and it's buffering every minute or so. I have set it to sd but it's still buffering. almost impossible to watc.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC I player buffering

Just come on to report the exact same thing.

At about 8:15 started watching Danny and the Human Zoo shown last night. Select HD and it works ok for about 10 minutes then the usual stuttering.
I downgrade to SD and last another 10 minutes before that starts stuttering.
Ended up stopping it completely as just not worth trying to battle through watching it.

I've had my connection/box checked a few times and no issues.
Is my region in a high utilisation area???
I thought that had been recently corrected also?
0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps it is a local issue as I have no buffering at the present time.

0 Kudos
hansi
Superfast
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

How can it be a local issue when the two posters live in different places?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi hansi,

Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing buffering on BBC iPlayer. I appreciate how frustrating this can be.

I can see Collette has responded to your post here and she has booked you an engineer to tackle the problem.

I've taken the liberty of testing your connection again. Aside from the issues Collette has mentioned, I can also see your local cable is currently breaching the thresholds for congestion.

I've reported this to the networks team so they can investigate this. At the moment I'm waiting for their reply but once I get it I'll be sure to post a reply for you here.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi BinghamBloke,

Thanks for posting. I sincerely apologise you're experiencing the same buffering issues on BBC iPlayer.

I've managed to locate your account too so I can run some tests. The TiVo® signal is fine so I've got not concerns there. I am seeing a small breach of the thresholds during peak times which are obviously causing you a problem.

You're on a different cable to hansi so won't be affected together even though your symptoms are the same. I've also asked the networks team to look in to this too for you because I couldn't find any open fault tickets against your area.

As soon as I hear something back from them I'll reply to you.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi hansi,

Thanks for your patience.

I've now heard back from the networks team who have acknowledged the demand for our service in your area has broken the thresholds. They're now planning to undertake some upgrades to support this increased demand.

This is being investigated under fault reference F003879315. The next review date has been set for 8th September 2015 but this will be extended as network upgrades are not a simple fix. I've added notes on your account so we know you're affected.

I apologise wholeheartedly once again for the problems you're experiencing. Please feel free to bump this after the review date for more information.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi BinghamBloke,

Thanks for your patience while I had this investigated.

The information for you is exactly the same as hansi except your fault reference number is F003879308.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Rich_B wrote:

Hi BinghamBloke,

Thanks for your patience while I had this investigated.

The information for you is exactly the same as hansi except your fault reference number is F003879308.

Thanks

Thanks for looking into it and reporting it.

I will see how I go next week after that date quoted.

0 Kudos
spj20016
Tuning in
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Would you be able to check my TiVo's. I had a lot of buffering even after dropping to SD quality. Thanks spj20016
0 Kudos