Menu
cookesp
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BBC I Player buffering

I have seen this question from other users but we have had this problem for months now. Is it a problem in the area or with our box ? Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC I Player buffering

Hi cookesp,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having an ongoing issue with the BBC iPlayer app on your TiVo. Have you noticed problems with other apps or recordings?

I've been able to run diagnostic tests to your TiVo and everything looks fine. 

Please let me know if you are still having problems with this.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
cookesp
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The problem is primarily with BBC IPlayer, You Tube can be slow too, but not as bad as BBC I Player..

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cookesp,

Many thanks for coming in and posting your message, 

I have been able to test the connection like Terri has done and found no issues arising this time. I would like to ask if you're seeing this on only the TiVo, or is this happening in the evenings or mornings?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cookesp
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tivo. Haven't checked on a morning, usually late afternoon or evening.

0 Kudos
pepperkorn
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ben the issues are at your end and have been for over a year, TIVO has never had a decent feed for iPlayer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi cookesp,

I'm sorry that this issue is still ongoing. I'm still not seeing any network issue that is causing a problem with your TiVo apps and the test results to your box shows us that everything is fine. I have refreshed the network connection to your TiVo just now. Please reboot your TiVo and let me know how this goes.

As pepperkorn advised, some customers have been seeing an issue with this for a while. There have had reports of the apps (not only the iPlayer app) loading slowly or buffering on the TiVo boxes by some customers, but this issue does not affect everyone. Usually we will see a network problem or possibly signal issues or hard drive errors on the TiVo when this is reported.

We are rolling out a new TiVo update now and it should reach all areas within the next few weeks and this should improve the TiVo performance.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos