Menu
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

B63 Halesowen area - area problems

TV channels breaking up and keep going on and off with the "there is a problem with the signal on this channel".

4 neighbours/friends in the local area all seeing the same - literally all just rung to ask me as we have just had a few minutes where it completely went!

Nothing showing on service status.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: B63 Halesowen area - area problems

Dialled 150 - went through the myriad of options and there is a recorded message stating that Wolverhampton, Dudley and surrounding areas are experiencing freezing and breaking up of pictures - engineers are aware and are investigating.

Would be nice if the service status reflected this!

Incidentally, when it has determined that you are ringing from the number associated with the account, it would be nice if they could announce any known issues at this point instead of having to go through all the options and have to enter 3 letters from your password. Bit of a pain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi G4DDS,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you trouble with this outage.

It's all showing clear on the network now, are you still getting picture breakup?

Look forward to hearing from you!  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
art_vanderlay
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have been having the same problems since Tuesday. It only effects the Channel 5 sd channels, Sy Fy, Ginx Tv and Universal. Strangely they are fine very early in the morning but deteriorate as the day goes on. 

I am in the B42 area

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi art_vanderlay,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry you're having similar issues with your TiVo®.

I've located your account and run some checks. Looks like there's a problem with the signal that's likely causing the picture to breakup.

I'd like to send you a technician so I've sent a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) to arrange a call out.

Josh

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Josh_RW wrote:

Hi G4DDS,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you trouble with this outage.

It's all showing clear on the network now, are you still getting picture breakup?

Josh

Still having a few problems with loss of signal errors which I don't think is related to this outage. I have posted in this thread which I started a week or so ago with the problems we experienced today:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Experiencing-breakup-signal-check-requ...

Some help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi G4DDS,

Thanks for the response.

The outage has cleared now so I can run diagnostics. There does seem to be an issue there.

I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so we can get a technician to adjust those signal levels.

Josh

0 Kudos