Menu
murof
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Awful awful customer service as usual

I've just had an infuriating conversation with a VM customer services agent; she just refused to listen to what I was telling her and kept on telling me things I already knew or where completely wrong.  I wish someone would go in and listen to the conversation and get her some proper training.

My problem started on Tuesday 31 Jan; I wanted to watch the Liverpool-Chelsea game and nearly all the channels on my Tivo box wouldn't work, both HD channels and SD channels.

I tried to watch it on my V+ box, and luckily the SD BT Sports channel was working.

Tried the usual thing of switching the boxes on and off, but the problem was the same, the error message was something along the lines of "sorry this channel isn't available right now, contact virgin media...."

I called them, and I thought I'd arranged for someone to come out on the coming Friday, which I though was a very long time to wait for a simple fault.  Anyway on I made the arrangements to be available, but nobody turned up.  Apparently the earliest appointment for an engineer to come out was two weeks on Friday, that is 17 days!! 

I found this out today after speaking to the agent mentioned above, who thought she knew what the issue was.  She insisted that I didn't have the channels I was missing because they were not part of my subscription.  I've been watching these for years as part of the XL package.  She said that a few other people had been receiving these as a mistake and they also had them removed.

I had to explain to HER that the message you get on the screen when you don't have a subscription to a channel is different to the one I was getting, and the fact that I could watch the channel on my other box without any problems finally sunk in when I finally got her to listen to what I was saying.

The main channels that were missing on the Tivo box came back a couple of days ago, but I'm still missing many on the v+ box.

Can someone from virgin media explain why I have to wait 17 days before an engineer can come out?  Why do you keep putting up the charges and not put more of this into your support structure?  Why are long term customers being used to subsidise the low cost deals given to new customers if you're not going to look after them and give them the quality of service they deserve?

Can I also suggest you try to employ call centre agents who try to listen to what your customers are trying to say and show some empathy and understanding of our issues.  Without us, they wouldn't have a job!!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful awful customer service as usual

Hi murof

I'm so sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your service and in speaking to the team recently. 

I'm glad to hear that an engineer is due and I'm sorry for the delay in them coming out to take a closer look. It sounds as if there's an incoming signal issue so the engineer should be able to resolve this for you.

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
longstonegrove
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i have had the same problems with my tivo fault code 4702.i have been trying for four days to have this issue resolved the same story tests done whilst on the phone to 150.i had an engineer booked to come out this morning but virgin media cancelled this yesterday morning when i called to ask why i was told there was a local issue this would be fixed within 4/6 hours.i called back 26 hours later again i was told we will do some checks i reminded them this had been done many times before i was then told i needed an engineer to come after they had cancelled the engineer.when i was told it would be saturday before the engineer could come i told them to cancel my services and by gods intervention someone had just cancelled there appointment for tonight between 4-7pm which i again agreed.when 7pm came and went i was furious that no engineer had bothered to turn up back on the phone to 150.after speaking wiht various people i was passed to customer relations again gave this person the story to be put on hold then he disconnected the call.this call resulted in me telling the lady i spoke with that i was cancelling my services straight away there will be a fee for cancelling i was told so its not customer service that is important if you leave they want to squeeze a bit more cash before you leave.i told them do what you want take me to court your choice i am so annoyed to be a loyal customer for many years to be treated like this.if they pursue this i will fight it.they fail to provide a service i am paying for then want to charge me more for complaining.       

0 Kudos
Speckyspeck
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

SIMILIAR Issue- STILL NO RESPONSE FROM VIRGIN 

Virgin...

When are you going to call us back regarding our Complaint the 7 day deadline is now up-

The complaint number is COM 101332716

We registered this complaint last Thursday over a possible hack of our account and a NO SHOW from the engineer last Thursday, and the TWO AND A HALF HOURS it took to re arrrange the appointment.

We were also promised from Shiv he would call us last Friday 17th February after 6pm to see if the Engineer can come TOMORROW Friday 24th February.... but NO CALL was received.

Concerned that our Virgin Account has been hacked we called again Last Friday 17th February and Kishor, confirmed that VIRGIN do not have a security Department....REALLY I find that hard to believe, and he could not confirm if our account had been hacked.

Your Customer Services has been absolute shocking

SO Come on VIRGIN CALL US.....

0 Kudos
Sid4ever
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Totally agree.

We have been waiting 4 weeks for our On Demand and Catch Up to be fixed.  Apparently we are not connected to the Virgin servers, an engineer came checked all the wires, cables and even took our boxes to the junction box, and they still would not connect.  Made numerous phone calls to colleagues and then left with the note saying networks to remedy.

We are now just about to lose all our station information on the mini guides as we have been disconnected from the server for 4 weeks, which means all series links will be gone.  We have not been able to record anything on most channels for 2 weeks as the mini guides are not there, just to be announced.

Have now phoned numerous times, as they do not call you back.

I do get lots and lots of text messages telling me my outage is fixed, but they are not really.  In fact todays text tells me that the outage that they told me was fixed on Wednesday has been fixed, always with the Best Regards from the Virgin Media Team.

Complaint lodged, re lack of services and apparently in the small print they said we have to wait 3 months before being able to terminate my contract without any penalty.  Not in the T & C's I have, and after speaking to Citizens Advice they are in breach of contract, and I will be sending a letter into Virgin today, telling them that and I will be terminating my contract.

Also fed up of the customer service people telling me that on Demand and Catch Up is a value added service which I do not pay for, which again is a lie as there is a Tivo Monthly Fee, and V+ Monthly fee on my bill, this is the cost for allowing on Demand and Catch Up.

And finally, when you call 150, Virgin a bit of advice, tell the Team Leader to quieten down a bit when they are shouting to the colleagues already on the phone about the number of calls waiting in the Call Centre.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Speckyspeck,

Thanks for sending your details in the PM. Currently the TiVo® is showing as Offline, is this powered on? 

If you have the box unplugged, just let me know when you've powered it back up again and I'll be able to complete the diagnostics on the line and to your TiVo®.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos