Menu
Ngaire
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Awful Service - Regretting Joining Virgin Media Already

How does anyone get in touch with customer services in this company?  I have tried tonight, three failed attempts to get through by phone, to be cut off on all three attempts.

Waiting time on the phone is not 2 minutes - more like 8 minutes and then they cut you off!!

I am trying to get through to talk about my first bill which is much more than I thought it would be.

I have also been charged from 28th August when my package didn't come into action until 10th September. I had to get the engineer round to install it as the previous owner of my property decided to remove the power plug.

Ringing the helpline is a waste of time.  This is truly awful customer service.

A very unhappy customer

Ngaire Hornby

Virgin Media you need to improve.

Can someone please get in touch with me about my bill issue.

Helpful Answers
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Awful Service - Regretting Joining Virgin Media Already

My first bill is higher than normal because it covers 2 months, could that be the same for you?

0 Kudos

All Replies
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My first bill is higher than normal because it covers 2 months, could that be the same for you?

0 Kudos
Ngaire
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes I have been informed that is the case.

After the third attempt I finally got through to customer services who acknowledged it covers 2 months and I am being reimbursed for the days when I couldn't use the service.

In my eyes they still have a long, long way to go.  Call centres only work when they are sufficiently manned and where email options are also given.  I know I've worked in quite a few in HR.

0 Kudos
viktor12
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My first bill from virgin media was £81 more than it should have been for four different mistakes by virgin media.

i contacted customer service. They said the waiting time to answer was 2 minutes. 

It took 8 minutes to be answered.

Nicola from customer services DID sort the problem as far as I can see. I will now by the next bill I suppose. 

The entire call took 30 minutes.

i have the feeling I will be making the same call every month when I get the bill

0 Kudos
skeggman
Up to speed
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Wait until you want to leave them, your trauma has only just begun.......

Ngaire
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Oh great that makes me feel so much better!!!
0 Kudos
Ngaire
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You've obviously tried to leave then? Are you still using Virgin Media?
rogwin
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem. I have been cut off on 3 consecutive calls after about 12 minutes waiting for an operator, when the automated message tells me I will have to wait up to 2 minutes. On my 4th attempt I was told after a further long wait that the help desk was now closed and I should contact them online, which I did only to be told to contact them by phone. Sadly this appalling service is a regular feature of Virgin Media. My heart sinks whenever I have to contact them. They provide the worst customer service I have ever experienced from any supplier anywhere.

If anyone from Virgin Media ever reads these posts they must be aware of their customers' views on their service levels, yet it seems only to get progressively worse.

skeggman
Up to speed
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, still with them for a couple more weeks. They are now overcharging me on my final bill and refuse to remove the cancellation penalty despite following their initiial instructions for leaving without charge. That was after spending most of Sunday afternoon sitting on hold trying to give notice. The minute the lose you as a customer, they stop even trying to help! My advice is to constantly check your bills and beware the phone costs, they are much higher than BT for 0845 numbers and the such.
0 Kudos
Ngaire
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the advice and sorry to hear you are having much an awful experience with them.
Fortunately I am not with them for a phone service. I stuck with BT instead. Thank god.

But I will look at my bills closely for tv and broadband.

What a bunch of sharks. I know Richard Branson doesn't own the company anymore but his reputation is on the line.