Menu
Perryjg
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Auto recording

My TiVo keeps recording programmes I don't want, can I stop this happening, and if so, how, thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Auto recording

Home > Messages & Settings > Settings > Recording > TiVo Suggestions. Highlight Yes to record TiVo Suggestions, or No to turn them off, and then press OK.

These are called Suggestions. You should turn of the facility if you don't want them.

Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Perryjg, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® is recording things that you may not want.

Ernie_C has hit the nail on the head, this certainly sounds like it is a feature of the TiVo® called Suggestions. The TiVo® will learn your TV viewing habits over time, and will record things it thinks that you will like. As Ernie has described, you are able to disable this feature. 

Should you have any further issues, please let us know so we can look into this further. 

Many thanks.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Home > Messages & Settings > Settings > Recording > TiVo Suggestions. Highlight Yes to record TiVo Suggestions, or No to turn them off, and then press OK.

These are called Suggestions. You should turn of the facility if you don't want them.

Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Perryjg, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that your TiVo® is recording things that you may not want.

Ernie_C has hit the nail on the head, this certainly sounds like it is a feature of the TiVo® called Suggestions. The TiVo® will learn your TV viewing habits over time, and will record things it thinks that you will like. As Ernie has described, you are able to disable this feature. 

Should you have any further issues, please let us know so we can look into this further. 

Many thanks.

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos