Menu
boysim34
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Auto Re Boot

There I was sitting watching a film with a nice glass of wine, it only had about 10 mins to go, what happens. The dam thing decided to re boot, so I lost the end of the film. is it possible virgin media to have a pop up saying your box needs to re boot, do you wish to continue or cancel till later. this would make me so happy but it just seem s common sense to me. and by the way the box is a snails pace , it was slow before the update but since

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Auto Re Boot

Reboots are usually triggered when the box detects an issue. Reboots for updates normally happen in the middle of the night, signal & internal box issues at any time. If your box hadn't rebooted, it would have probably frozen up, & you would have had to reboot manually. Auto reboots are a good thing, as if the box is unattended, you don't lose planned recordings due to the box locking up.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Boysim34 Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting your message into the Community Smiley Happy

I have been looking into the TV services and found that one or more device isn't connecting to us as we'd like. I've checked the area for outages but have none associated with the issue.

I woud like to send out and engineer to investigate and I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
davybozal53
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Jings , I have not even had the Tivo box for a fortnight and now it has cut out several times which is bad enough when my internet connection is playing up as well .For goodness sake Virgin Media get the finger out and fix your equipment and network so it works when you expect it too .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello davybozal53,

I can see you have already posted about this so if you click here you will see my reply to you.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos