Menu
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Audio microstutter

Since the last update (which has sped up my Tivo, thank you very much), I've been getting an audio microstutter every minute or so. It's about the same duration as when one of your recordings is about to start. This occurs on regular television and also happened while watching a movie on demand last night. This happens on all channels, and occurs every 60-90 seconds or thereabouts. It's not the end of the world, just wondering if anyone else has seen a similar issue.

My audio goes from Tivo to my Television, and then I break out from the TV to an external audio setup.

I'll test the TV speakers to see if they're doing the same thing.

This issue has only come up very recently, I'd say in the last week or so.

Random signature here... I'll get back to this some day!
0 Kudos
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Audio microstutter

I took a more scientific approach and actually timed it this time...

Every 2 minutes and 19 seconds the audio stutters both on my TV speakers and also on my external speakers. It sounds like a batch cleanup job running in the background (to make the menu's work fast?) that triggers every 2m19 (ish, forgiving latency of pressing the lap button on the timer on my phone), but 2m20s "something" is happening on the Tivo. It's a bit too convenient that the audio stutter happens at exactly the same time (measured 5 stutters).

Netflix via the TV app (NOT TIVO) isn't an issue, and I don't get audio stutters off that, so I think I can safely rule out the TV.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nex,

Thanks for posting regarding this issue.

I would like to take a look into this for you but I'm struggling to find your account details at the moment so I'll just pop you a private message requesting further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Nex
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose_B

The audio stutter issue seems to have resolved itself. No idea how... I guess the Tivo has rebooted and has fixed itself. I honestly don't know when it fixed itself to be honest, I only watch TV once or twice a week to be honest.

I only watched TV again tonight for the first time since posting this, so between the post and now, it sorted itself.

Apologies for wasting time.

Nex

0 Kudos