Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 10 (162 Views)

Audio drop-out

Hello,

I've had my V6 Tivo box since January.

All was fine at first, however within the last week or two we've been experiencing audio issues.

The sound drops out for 2-3 seconds at a time several times an hour, this happens regardless of whether we're watching live TV or recordings. All cabling is secure, box has been restarted. If we rewind past the audio drop-out and then replay, the sound returns.

Does it sound like a faulty box or are there any other suggestions?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10 (108 Views)

Re: Audio drop-out

Hi Conkers

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the audio problems you're experiencing with your TV service recently.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end and we're not detecting any issues.

Can you talk me through how you've got your equipment set up? Have you got any third party audio equipment connected? If so, how is it connected? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 10 (104 Views)

Thanks for getting back Craig.

It's a fairly simple set-up, HDMI straight from the back of the Tivo box to the television (Samsung)  - no other audio devices attached.

One thing I haven't tried is using another HDMI port on the TV - will try this over the next couple of days.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10 (95 Views)

Thanks for the response Conkers

We'd love to hear how another HDMI cable goes, or even using your current HDMI cable on another device for a period of time to monitor how it works. 

Are you experiencing this issue on all channels, recordings and On Demand/Catch Up content? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10 (85 Views)

I've just started getting the same issue - did you solve the problem? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10 (77 Views)

Hi Simonmiller,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to our community. Smiley Happy

How are things looking today?  If you're still getting and sound disruptions then let me know and I'll be happy to help.

I have had a look at the box remotely and all looks fine from here, as long as you check all leads/connections are secure, perhaps try a different HDMI lead and also a different HDMI socket in the TV then we can rule in/out any possible faulty lead or TV equipment.

Let me know how you get on.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10 (72 Views)

Hi Collette!

Actually I haven't noticed the problem in the last day or so. I'll see if it happens again and if so will try your suggestions. I've also posted in the other thread about the same issue with the model of my TV and soundbar.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10 (69 Views)

Thanks for your update Simonmiller,

Hopefully all will remain ok for you.  Should it start again and you've carried out the checks, let me know and I can help.

Cheers.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 10 (59 Views)

Hi,

Sorry it's taken a while to get back.

Used another HDMI cable into another HDMI port on the TV - problem remains, however it's not as noticeable as before, but then I'm not watching TV as much as I was before Smiley Happy

Will provide another update after a couple of weeks or so.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 10 (10 Views)

Hi - quick update.

This problem is now becoming more frequent; audio drop-outs which are lasting a few seconds each are happening regularly when watching recordings and live TV across all channels. It's making our viewing experience extremely unsatisfactory.

I need to raise this with VM.

0 Kudos