Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 20 (265 Views)

Audio drop offs

Really fed up with the constant audio drop outs on Virgin Media, as many other people have reported. This has only been an issue in the last six months or so...and nothing has changed regarding my equipment or leads. Please tell me how this can be resolved because I am so fed up of having to rewind to pick up the missing words. Do I need to report this to VM to resolve? Thanks in advance for any advice. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 19 of 20 (108 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Wormy3
a week ago

Re: Audio drop offs

Thanks for the fast response Wormy

As this issue isn't happening when you disconnect the Soundbar, I'd recommend contacting Samsung to see if there'[s a setting that might need altering with the equipment to get it to work without the drop outs. 

We'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20 (233 Views)

Hello Wormy3,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the sound.

I would certainly like to look into this for you so I'll just need to ask a couple of questions.

• How is your Virgin box set up, are you using a surround a sound system?
  • Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable?
  • Does this happen on any particular channel?
  • Does rebooting your Virgin box make any improvement?

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 20 (215 Views)

Sorry for the delay in replying, but I have been away on holiday.  The problem appears on all channels at any time and also on recordings. We have a Samsung smart TVs and a Samsung sound bar.  We haven't tried a different HDMI cable as the one we are using, set up by Virgin Media,  never gave us any trouble before. We had a power cut recently, which meant all our equipment had to be rebooted. The problem appeared to have gone away....then, unfortunately, it came back! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20 (204 Views)

Hi Wormy3,

That's okay I hope you enjoyed your holiday.

Does this still happen if you directly connect your V6 to your television without the soundbar?

I'd also like to register your dissatisfaction to your account so I'm just going to pop you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 20 (198 Views)

Thanks Rose. I've replied to your PM. To be honest, I can't find where to plug the TiVo directly to TV, but the thing is....the whole set up as it is at the moment, including sound bar connection, worked perfectly until about six months ago. So why should it now drop audio when nothing has changed? It's really annoying....its live tv, recordings and DVDs. If you rewind you can pick up what was said, but this surely is not acceptable...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20 (187 Views)

Thanks for getting back to me with your details.

It would be recommended to directly connect the TiVo® to your TV just to eliminate any issues with third party equipment.

Depending on whether you're using HDMI or a SCART lead then the relevant connection can be found at the back of the box.

Once we rule out one piece of equipment we can focus on the TIVo® and find out why this is happening, if the HDMI cable is faulty this can also cause problems so please try a different one if possible.

Speak to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 20 (173 Views)

Thanks for your private message.

As there isn't a HDMI outlet on your television could you connect the TiVo® directly using a SCART lead instead?

I would like to rule out any problem with the sound bar first and if it's still happening then I'd like to arrange for a technician so please let me know.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 20 (165 Views)

Rose, though I have a Scart outlet on my TiVo, I don't have the same one on my tv. The TiVo is connected via a HDMI to my sound bar and the sound bar is connected to my tv via a One Connect Mini Scart ( a different size to the TiVo Scart outlet). So what now? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 9 of 20 (161 Views)

What make/model of television are you currently using?

Is there just a mini SCART connection and no HDMI?

If a technician were to to do a box swap but the problem remained then he would need to connect the TiVo® directly to your television to continue further diagnostics.

There should be a way to connect the TiVo® to your television so please let me know the make/model and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 10 of 20 (141 Views)

Samsung UHD TV UE55JU7500TXXU
Samsung Curved Soundbar HW-J6500

They are less than two years old and everything worked perfectly until around January of this year. TiVo is connected to the Soundbar via HDMI. Then there is a Mini Connect cable from the Soundbar to the TV. No HDMI outlet on the TV.

Sorry, for some reason I never received your last message. Thanks.
0 Kudos