Menu
dfhage
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Audio Ouput

Dear All, 

Can somebody confirm which audio output(s) the volume and mute control are supposed to control on my Tivo. It would appear to make no difference to the Scart or HDMI audio, does it only control the Toslink digital output ? I have connected a couple of powered speakers to a Tivo, whilst using computer monitor for picture, but the remote won't control the volume or mute (I have reset the programming on the remote as per Virgin instructions)

Thanks in adavance

Dave

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Audio Ouput

you can program the tivo remote with the correct codes for operating the TV. then, on an HDMi link - the tivo remote coltrols audio volume by adjustign the TV settings. that ishow we use ours

the codes are in the handbook , plus a trial and error method for if your set is not listed

0 Kudos
dfhage
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Maybe I didn't explain myself very well:

Monitor is a computer monitor HDMI , but no sound i.e not a Television

Powered speakers with XLR or Phono inputs

I have tried audio from Scart output (via Start to phono adapter), and a HDMI Audio splitter to extract audio from HDMI stream

The Tivo remote doesn't seem to control the volume or mute in either case.

Regards

Dave

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The TiVo does not control the volume at all, it controls the TV or surround sound volume of the device it's connected to

0 Kudos
dfhage
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, as I was beginning to suspect !

Regards

Dave

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

like he said -

it's "normal" for HDmi to deliver the full signal and leave control of that to the receiving equipment

having said that, our Humax PVR , via HDMi ,confusingly has 2 x volumes there's the TV volume and  a humax playback volume and i'ts easy to get muddled

0 Kudos