Menu
JaySTee
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Attenuator on Tivo box?

Ages ago after problems getting the correct speed on our broadband an engineer fitted an attenuator to the superhub, however he did not fit one to the Tivo box.  The tivo box seems to work fine other than taking a long time to load netflix or iplayer.  Would an attenuator of the same rating the engineer fitted to the superhub help this?  presumbably if it was needed for the hub it would also be needed for the tivo?

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Attenuator on Tivo box?

Not sure it would help - I have an attenuator fitted to the hub but not to the Tivo box. When I asked about this, the engineer said that it was a question of signal balance to the two appliances and the box didn't require one.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The TiVO streamed channels & the broadband channels used by the SHub use different frequencies in the radio spectrum. The channels used for TV attenuate faster than those used for broadband the further the cable run from the cabinet, or if installation is big. Hence the SHub may need balancing, but not the TiVO.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
JaySTee
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your input chaps.

is there an way of improving the speed at which Netflix loads, when compared with an iPad or laptop the TiVo box is very slow.  Or am I expecting too much?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JayStee, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having with your TiVo® box and using the apps. 

There is currently a fault at the address and we are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services there. Once the work is completed, any issues with slow speeds on the apps will be resolved.

Just quote the fault reference: F003584996 If you would like an update on this issue  and we'll happily provide one.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
JaySTee
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Cath, any idea on timescale for the fix?
0 Kudos
JaySTee
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I meant Kath!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JaySTee

I hope you're wellMan Happy

I've taken a look at your account and can see the current review date is set for 26th August. 

If you want us to take another look at any time, just bump this thread. Sorry again for the inconvenience this issue is causing.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos