Menu
Worshiper
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Aphalling installation

The Virgin engineer that came over to install my box was aphalling. He couldn't speak english-didnt understand a word of what I asked him.
He left his drill machine connected and left the house while he went to local telephone exchange.
The box was installed at an angle!

I had to make a complaint to sort it out. The next engineer that came over was surprised at the installation and tried to re do all the mess!

I want action to be taken against the first engineer named DIJO that didn't follow any health and safety standards and had really poor customer service and job skills!
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Aphalling installation

Unlike your poor grammar and spelling. Saying someone didn't do a good job is one thing. Complaint he couldn't  speak English is another. Perhaps you weren't making yourself clear because you instantly judged him on his speech. *Aphalling (sic) 

Also just move the bloody box so it's straight  

*appalling. 

0 Kudos
cbc
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Parrotperson wrote:

Unlike your poor grammar and spelling. Saying someone didn't do a good job is one thing. Complaint he couldn't  speak English is another. Perhaps you weren't making yourself clear because you instantly judged him on his speech. *Aphalling (sic) 

Also just move the bloody box so it's straight  

*appalling. 

Its not really the job of a customer to correct issues with a poor installation and frankly the ability to communicate when working in peoples homes is fairly important.  

Worshiper
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That was exactly what I meant. He couldn't understand when I asked him to correct it.
The second engineer was upset with the installation and had to drill more holes in the wall to make it straight.
Thanks for understanding my point cbc. Not much I can say about the other response.
Although I am grateful for correcting my spelling mistake on my rant above 😁
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Worshiper

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you've experienced with your recent installation. I'd like to feed this back to our engineering team in your area, but I'll need some information from you to be able to do so.

I've sent you a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

We're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos