Menu
Corper
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Anytime App

Haven't been able to use the app for weeks now on my iPad. The app loads and I can see the tv listings and my shows but if I try to click watch now  or the remote control it says not connected to tiro box on home network. It is connected to my hub via ethernet as it always has been.

Have reinitiated the network settings on the tivo box which says it's connected fine with a correct ip address etc but still nothing. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anytime App

Hi Corper

Thanks for posting back in the community.

Sorry to hear that your unable to use the TV Anywhere app through your iPad.

Can you make sure that Allow network remote control has been selected through the TiVo® for me please. To do this go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network Remote Control, then choose ‘Allow network-based remote controls’ and follow the on screen instructions. 

You should be able to watch shows even without it connected to the TiVo®. If you can log into your account, on the right under My Profile click on Device settings and make sure that the iPad is registered. If it is and you have a device change available, remove the device and the app from the iPad, re-install the app then try to stream a channel which will prompt for registration again. Hopefully that should go through for you.

Is it just on the iPad that your having this issue or does it happen on another device?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Corper
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes as I said everything is setup correctly as it always has been just lost the ability to you the remote control features and select a show to watch on the TV via the iPad. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corper

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I appreciate that nothing has changed within the setup and you haven't been able to use this function for the past few weeks.

Did you manage to try to remove the device from registration and re-install the app to see if that does work for you?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Corper
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes and still nothing, 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corper

Thanks for the reply and trying to remove the device from registration, however to no avail.

I would like to re-sync your account to see if that helps, however I was unable to locate your account. I've sent you a PM (red envelope icon, left corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I will be able to check your registrations and re-sync your account.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

0 Kudos
Corper
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Again the anytime apps remote control fictions are not working. Becoming a bit of a joke now, it works for a while then just stops then returns for no reason. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corper, 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know that the Remote control feature isn't working again. This isn't good news and I'm happy to look into things. 

First things first, we need to make sure other parts of the app are working such as watching a streamable channel. What happens when you attempt to stream Channel 4? 

As the remote control feature is enabled through your TiVo®'s connection to the hub we'll need to look at restarting everything. The best way to do this is to turn the TiVo® and the Hub off by the mains. Turn the Hub back on and leave on until it's back up online. 

Once you have a steady Ready/Tick light, turn the TiVo® back on at the mains. Allow time for it to initialise and for everything to load. I would say leave around 5mins. Once this is done make sure your device is connected to the wifi on the hub and try loading the app. 

This should allow the app to make the connection between the TiVo® and the Hub and allow the Remote Control feature to work. 

Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Corper
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

After some testing (on my part) here's what I have found

Restarting hub / router - no effect

Powering off tivo box - does fix the problem sometimes, but even on the occasion it does rectify the issue after a while the remote control icons show the (!) and become unusable. However I can still view the tv guide and record a show, but cannot play anything from "my shows"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corper, 

Thanks for your update. 

That's correct - My Shows are only available to watch via your TiVo®. They are accessible via the app for managing the recordings such as deleting them or using the app as the remote to get them to play on the TiVo®.

When you try live streaming Channel 4, what happens?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos