Menu
optiknerv
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Another slow TiVo.

As many others on here I have a painfully slow TiVo box. Using the clearing of cache method in the pinned post works for a short while but it quickly becomes laggy again. I only use the box for watching live TV and recording of shows. I do not use any if the 'smart' features such as iplayer or YouTube which makes things all the more frustrating. Can somebody just check there isn't something else the matter (I'm clutching at straws here). The box is really starting to annoy me. If it wasn't for the discount I get on my account I would be looking into Sky Q!
0 Kudos
Enduser
Superfast
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Extreemly slow TiVo.

optiknerv wrote:
As many others on here I have a painfully slow TiVo box. Using the clearing of cache method in the pinned post works for a short while but it quickly becomes laggy again. I only use the box for watching live TV and recording of shows. I do not use any if the 'smart' features such as iplayer or YouTube which makes things all the more frustrating. Can somebody just check there isn't something else the matter (I'm clutching at straws here). The box is really starting to annoy me. If it wasn't for the discount I get on my account I would be looking into Sky Q!

I agree with the above, the box has got frustratingly slow over the last month or so. The thumbs up/down/play,play does improve matters but I need to do it each time I use the box because the 'fix' does not last for long.

It was suggested by one of your call centre staff that the box was slow because of the new Apps that have been added recently, if this is the cause perhaps it would be possible for the enduser to deselect them in some way.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys,

Thank you for your post, we do appreciate your patience, as you already know there is a known fault with some slowness on the TiVo. The issue is still ongoing and work is being carried out currently to test the slowness against some work we've been doing recently. Whilst there is nothing official, I can see that there is some progress and that this has been made a priority to fix.

Optiknerv, I have tested the Tivo and it's running really well right now, which is good news but I can understand that it's not what you were looking for.

Please continue to visit us and take care.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Enduser
Superfast
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

BenD_H wrote:

Hi guys,

Thank you for your post, we do appreciate your patience, as you already know there is a known fault with some slowness on the TiVo. The issue is still ongoing and work is being carried out currently to test the slowness against some work we've been doing recently. Whilst there is nothing official, I can see that there is some progress and that this has been made a priority to fix.

Optiknerv, I have tested the Tivo and it's running really well right now, which is good news but I can understand that it's not what you were looking for.

Please continue to visit us and take care.
Ben

Ben ~ thanks for the update, much appreciated. also good to see you peeping centrally out of the 'round window'

Enduser
Superfast
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I believe that things are getting worse in the slow TiVo department in that there now seems to be a pause of up to five seconds between pressing play, and the recorded programme starting. Or am I just the unlucky one ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Enduser

Sorry to hear that your service seems to be deteriorating, we're working hard to get the slowness issues resolved and fingers crossed, we'll some some change soon.

We'll be here if there's anything we're able to help with moving forward.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Enduser
Superfast
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D wrote:

Hey Enduser

Sorry to hear that your service seems to be deteriorating, we're working hard to get the slowness issues resolved and fingers crossed, we'll some some change soon.

We'll be here if there's anything we're able to help with moving forward.

Craig

Thanks for the reply. Just a thought, is there actually going to be a fix for the slowness for the current box, or has that been in effect 'written off' and the new box has been designed to cope with the current issues/gubbins that are currently on the VM TV platform. And if the new box does restore the service will it cost more, or just be a replacement for the current one.

0 Kudos
Simmo24
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

This problem has been going on with my Tivo for weeks now, possibly months with no sign of a resolution, I have timed the transition between changing from My shows for instance back to TV and it can take anything up to 30 seconds. This is an appalling service and I'm fed up with being told to reset the bloody thumbs up and down which only helps slightly and doesn't last 5 minutes !  I need someone to fix this. For the amount I'm being charged for this service it should have been resolved when I first called weeks ago. To cap it all the broadband has been up and down all morning today.  

Yours

Had enough

Will be calling retentions.

0 Kudos
Enduser
Superfast
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can now say that the speed/reaction of my Tivo box is much improved. Whatever has been done has improved things greatly. Praise where praise is due.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Enduser Smiley Happy

Thank you for your message, we appreciate the positive feedback Smiley Happy

We've been rolling out a recent update and all boxes should be all in line with yours within the next two weeks Smiley Happy

All the best and hope you're all gearing up for Christmas Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos