Menu
godlike
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Another slow TiVo box

Having to reboot or do the thumbs up down bit at least three times a day, not sure what I'm paying for, I know there is a issue but It's getting past a joke.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another slow TiVo box

Hello godlike,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening and I would like to welcome you to the community.

You should not need to do this constantly every day so what I would like to do is send one of the team out to take a look at this for you as there may be other issues going on.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
boysim34
Dialled in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

we had the same problem, and they replaced the box, still the same problem

0 Kudos
godlike
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Rose_B it would be a waste of time for a engineer to come out most probably swap the box which would be the same, I'll probably wait until the V6 and see if there is any improvement,

There are too many people suffering the same thing to warrant a engineer, they would be better off helping someone else,

SkyQ is looking very tempting atm I just want something that works.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi godlike,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry to hear that you are still having problems with your TiVo.

Checking this, I can see that you have already arranged an engineer visit.

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
godlike
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What is going on, it seems I cancelled the app`t yesterday using my mobile at 3:30pm,

No I did not phone to cancel, this problem as been going on long enough, I'm sick of it,

Please get someone to phone me back who knows what's going on please.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Did you not get your wish from your previous post? where you said:

"Rose_B it would be a waste of time for a engineer to come out most probably swap the box which would be the same, I'll probably wait until the V6 and see if there is any improvement,"

0 Kudos
godlike
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

A tech was supposed to come out today, but I'm not going to be worse off going over to Sky for TV, as for me using my mobile to cancel never happened but it's easy to fob people off.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

May be due to the current TiVO update that is going out:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Update-to-our-TiVo-boxes/td-p/3257296

This is reputed to resolve the firmware issues that have been causing boxes to operate slowly. However this will not fix problems caused by network related issues.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
godlike
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Could be, I've never had a problem with VM other than the slow TiVo box, can't fault the BB,

Still on the RC23 here though.
0 Kudos