Menu
marrtin
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Another hopelessly slow Tivo

I wonder if someone could check the settings on my Tivo.  It's always gone at a snail's pace since the update a year ago, but in the last few months, it has got even worse.

It usually takes more than 30 seconds to start playing a recording or returning to the main screen after leaving the "My Shows" screen.

At other times, the GUI freezes, the screen goes blank or I am treated to an extended period of a revolving wheel. Rebooting makes no improvement.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another hopelessly slow Tivo

Hi marrtin,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the TiVo® has been running slower than normal.  I will be happy to have a look at this for you.

I have connected to your box and the only issue I could see was an issue with the downstream power level.  Network wise all looks great as there is no high demand affecting the network you're connected to.  As you'd mentioned that it can take some time for a recording to play I looked at the hard drive status also and all looks great there as well.

I will be happy to arrange for an engineer to call round and take care of the downstream power level issue that's been detected.  I will pop the details in a private message, look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
marrtin
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Collette_T wrote:
 I will pop the details in a private message, look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Thanks Collette_T, but you don't seem to have sent me a pm.  I haven't chased it up to be honest but now we're getting the following picture displayed on the screen.

Tivo Error.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Marrtin Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting back to Collette Smiley Happy

I have enclosed a PM to you now and look forward to your reply Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben