Menu
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Annoying YouTube App

Over the past few months, every time I go into the YouTube app it exists on it's own, usually after an hour. But now it's started happening every 20ish minutes. I'm starting to get annoyed!

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Annoying YouTube App

Hi HairyFacedHuman

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your YouTube application lately. Do you get any problems with any other applications? What happens with it exits? Do you get any error messages or notifications?

Sorry for all the questions, we'd love to help to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible and we're not aware of this issue occurring nationally at the moment.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delayed response, but for the last month I've been considering an early retirement, which I've now taken, and my TiVo has been the last thing on my mind.

I've not used the YouTube app since my post so don't know if it's still happening. There are no error messages, it goes from the end of a video (a short pause) to TV.

As far as other apps go, the only issue I had at the time was with Netflix in the early morning hours when the TiVo would do it's own thing (can hear the sound the remote control makes when pressed)

Netflix to TV
TV to menu
Menu to black screen
Black screen to menu
Menu to TV.
Lasts 3 minutes.

This was explained in a post by Terri_P when I had problems with the TiVo turning itself on overnight.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi HairyFacedHuman, 

Thanks for taking the time to post back to us regarding this issue. 

In order for us to help you further, when you get some free time, try using YouTube again and let us know how things are. 

We've made a few updates since you last posted so it will be interesting to see if that's had an effect on the app. 

Let us know when you can Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos