Menu
rubbish1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

An update tomy problem - promised via status check that it would be fixed by 1030 today - now passed

SACK THE ENGINEERS - THEY CAN'T FIX ANYTHING.  Service status notice has promised several times for a fix, the 1030 deadline of today has now poassed n(29+ hours since I first noticed the problem - now promised as 1735 today.

RUBBISH - I WILL SWITCH TO SKY OR BT!!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: An update tomy problem - promised via status check that it would be fixed by 1030 today - now passed

Sometimes estimated fix times get pushed out for a number of reasons.

Your suggestion that the engineer should be sacked is unwarranted.

Enjoy equally good service when you move to another supplier.

Now count to 10.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: An update tomy problem - promised via status check that it would be fixed by 1030 today - now passed

"promised via status check that it would be fixed by 1030 today"

you are looking at the estimated fix time. Its not a promise.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sometimes estimated fix times get pushed out for a number of reasons.

Your suggestion that the engineer should be sacked is unwarranted.

Enjoy equally good service when you move to another supplier.

Now count to 10.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

"promised via status check that it would be fixed by 1030 today"

you are looking at the estimated fix time. Its not a promise.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: An update tomy problem - promised via status check that it would be fixed by 1030 today - now...

Hi rubbish1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I sincerely apologise for the C133 error code appearing on the Catch Up TV service. I appreciate how frustrating this can be when you want to watch the shows at your own leisure.

I've replied to your post  here.

I apologise once again for this massive inconvenience and hope the service has now been restored. Please let me know if there are any further issues.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
rubbish1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A forum Policeman, always is one on every one.

My rather cryptic first post, did not convey the full "experience" of messages I was being given via  service status reports.  The first message rea that the problem was beinf worked on - which suggested that engineers were there.  The second message, that final tests were being carried out and that it was expected to be fixed by a certain time.  The next message said that - we are aware of the problem and engineeres are on the way and it is hoped to fix this by a certain time.  Subsequent messages followed on as per the above routine upto a final test.  Followed by - engineers are on the way.

See what I mean Mr Policeman - they had apparently attended twice and failed to fix the problem.

As you can gather from the evidence in front of your eyes, Mr Policeman, I am new to these forums and was angry and frustrated when I posted.  Fortunately your attitude was not repeated by a Team Member who replied before you, who actually could see the anger and frustration I was conveying.

Anyway, I have posted a second question - not yet answered.  As a real but retired Police Officer, I have come to the conclusion that the service status reports I received were totally wrong in context.  Having given up any hope of the problem being fixed, I decided to do a complete reset of my Tivo box and this cured the problem!! 

The problem reported on my screen and via these reports was quite wrong in that this appears to have been a personal problem assocciated with my box and NOT the service in the area??  So why such reports?

0 Kudos