Menu
Elliemay1970
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Prime

Are there any plans for Amazon Prime app being added to TIVO??

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon Prime

Hi there Elliemay1970, 

I'd like to welcome you to the forums and thank you for your post. Whilst we have no news regarding Amazon Prime at the moment, I'd like to say that we are always looking for new content for our customers, and are always in negotiations with suppliers to bring these services to our line up.

Should we be able to offer this service in the future, be sure we will be singing about it from the roof tops, please keep an eye on our News and Events board, where we post information about things like this. Click here to see our News and Events board

Many thanks

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Huw_B wrote:

Hi there Elliemay1970, 

I'd like to welcome you to the forums and thank you for your post. Whilst we have no news regarding Amazon Prime at the moment, I'd like to say that we are always looking for new content for our customers, and are always in negotiations with suppliers to bring these services to our line up.

Should we be able to offer this service in the future, be sure we will be singing about it from the roof tops, please keep an eye on our News and Events board, where we post information about things like this. Click here to see our News and Events board

Many thanks

Huw

You have got to laugh.

If a customer asks about a service or channel not currently provided the above is the standard text provided and when a customer questions a price rise there is another standard text provided.

So, I am thinking, since the VM staff, moderators and Forum team, either simply provide the standard texts or ignore/delete any difficult questions, is there any point to them?  I am sure that a piece of software, scanning posts for keywords and allocating the appropriate reply, would be little different from the service currently provided.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Huw_B wrote:

Hi there Elliemay1970, 

Many thanks

Huw

You have got to laugh.

If a customer asks about a service or channel not currently provided the above is the standard text provided and when a customer questions a price rise there is another standard text provided.

So, I am thinking, since the VM staff, moderators and Forum team, either simply provide the standard texts or ignore/delete any difficult questions, is there any point to them?  I am sure that a piece of software, scanning posts for keywords and allocating the appropriate reply, would be little different from the service currently provided.

Meow!Smiley Happy

but I have to admit, given the inane responses we get sometimes, I already thought  the staff were "AI" software, and with less sophistication than SIRI.

I know its probably not the VM staff's fault, inane bland scripts are the life blood of forums like this, sad to say; and if you had to deal with some of the posts on here, taking refuge in a bland script would be enticing.

It would help if they dropped the silly photos and matey talk and adopted a more professional image, being quirky etc is so last century, even brand Virgin Atlantic have dropped the quirkiness and adopted a more professional outlook.

so VM staff, some New Year resolutions for you to ponder

• Don't take us for idiots (even if some of us clearly are)
  • Give us proper answers, even if that is "don't know but will find out"
  • Ditch the scripts and the quirky photos
  • Give out a more professional attitude, you are not my mate!
  • When something looks like a bug, acts like a bug and smells like a bug, its a bug!, treat it as such, until  its sorted and don't fob us off with the "its perfectly normal" reply

but have a happy Christmas and new year to allSmiley LOLHeart

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

"but I have to admit, given the inane responses we get sometimes, I already thought  the staff were "AI" software, and with less sophistication than SIRI.

I know its probably not the VM staff's fault, inane bland scripts are the life blood of forums like this, sad to say; and if you had to deal with some of the posts on here, taking refuge in a bland script would be enticing.

It would help if they dropped the silly photos and matey talk and adopted a more professional image, being quirky etc is so last century, even brand Virgin Atlantic have dropped the quirkiness and adopted a more professional outlook.

so VM staff, some New Year resolutions for you to ponder

• Don't take us for idiots (even if some of us clearly are)
  • Give us proper answers, even if that is "don't know but will find out"
  • Ditch the scripts and the quirky photos
  • Give out a more professional attitude, you are not my mate!
  • When something looks like a bug, acts like a bug and smells like a bug, its a bug!, treat it as such, until  its sorted and don't fob us off with the "its perfectly normal" reply"

This I can definitely agree with. It astonishes me that when, with a customer posting because they are obviously unhappy with something, the response often includes a smiley. Sorry, we can't resolve your problem, we are giving you a price rise but here is a smiley to cheer you up!

Another thing that drives me crazy is that, when replying to a poster with an issue after the usual several days delay, the response is not a check on the poster's set-up but, do you still have the problem, followed by several more days delay. No wonder VM end up with unhappy customers.

As you say, there has been a growing drift towards a social media atmosphere on the board despite the fact that many posters have remarked that it is inappropriate and unprofessional, regularly accompanied by yet another downgrade of the forum to assist this look.

I agree, stop the forced mateyness, be more professional and answer questions more openly and honestly. It can only help VM, believe it or not, some of us would prefer to remain customers despite their attempts to get us to go elsewhere.

And, as usual, the official denizens of the VM forums will simply ignore these posts.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!