Menu
foggy69
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Always Recording BBC1HD

Whatever channel I am watching on TiVo, it always seem to be recording BBC1HD as well. If I have been watching BBC1 non HD, it will also continue to record it even if I change to another channel. This means that my box always has up-to the last 2 hours of BBC1HD available to watch, and also up-to 2 hours of BBC1 Non HD even if I have changed channels away from the BBC.

Does anybody else have this problem. 

With so much of the Tivo's limited processing power going on providing a program buffer for up-to 3 channels at all times, could this be why my box is so pathetically slow. 

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Always Recording BBC1HD

The TiVo will constantly record on all three tuners (except when in standby, following a software update a while back) on whichever channels they happen to be on, this allows you to rewind live TV on those channels, or record a program from the beginning if you switch on in the middle of it. It's one of the features.

0 Kudos
foggy69
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BBC1HD is the only channel that is recording all the time, I can find no other channels doing this. I only have the basic TV package though.

Why BBC1HD. Although I have recorded a number of programs on BBC1HD, I virtually never watch it, as I use the non HD channel. Also, as soon as I change channels from anything except BBC1, the buffer is lost.

Is there any way that it can be turned off, as I am sure this can't be doing the speed of my box any good and I am quite happy to live without it.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you press the info button on the remote you can see which channels each tuner is currently tuned to, and therefore recording, they just end up on whatever channel they were last switched to, which could be because of one of your recordings, recording a suggestion or because you were viewing live TV on that channel.

I don't believe there's any way to stop this as it's always been a feature of the TiVo.

0 Kudos