Menu
uncleslinky
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Almost All Records GONE

Hi,

Over night I set the US Open to record, knowing it was delayed due to the weather I added a 2 hours extra record time (which unfortunately wasn't enough anyway, but that's the weathers fault). Anyway, I came down this morning around 8am and the show says it is still recording, even though I didn't appear to be and there was NO red light on the box.

I didn't think anything to this but now it seems as though 90% of our other shows and films have been deleted (although not in recently deleted folder) or from what I know, these could have been overwritten to allow for the tennis?

While that might sound feasable, the doubt I have is that I only allowed a couple of extra hours of the live tennis to record so I don't see why so many shows would have been overwritten. Although I don't have the % we had used, we had 4 or 5 full length films, 4 episodes of a 30 min show, 7 episodes of Person Of Interest (50 mins show) and many others, all of which are now gone.

Since I only allowed an extra 2 hours of recording time so I don't see how so many shows would be overwritten. Like I said before, when I went to My Recordings, it showed the tennis was still recording (although it wasn't) and this seems to be too much of a coincidence that this would happen at the same time as all our shows disappearing?

So my questions are, what happened, why did this happen and what can be done about it?

I'm becoming very familiar with the help forums recently!

Thanks

0 Kudos
uncleslinky
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Almost All Records GONE

I can't wait til our Virgin contract expires.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Almost All Records GONE

Hi uncleslinky

I'm really sorry to learn about the recent problems with your TiVo service, it's not what we want for you at all!

I've not been able to accurately locate your account to take a closer look at this for you unfortunately, so I can run some tests on your TiVo box could you respond to the private message with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you and taking a closer look at this for you.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos