Menu
DianeV
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

After watching recorded programme, TV returns to the channel recorded not what i was tuned to. Why?

After watching recorded programme, TV returns to the channel recorded not what i was tuned to. Why?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: After watching recorded programme, TV returns to the channel recorded not what i was tuned to. Why?

Because that's what the TV tuner was on if you see what I mean. It's an oddity of TiVo that I find occasionally irritating. 

The tivo allocates a tuner to record a program. Sometimes that can be the tuner of the station you were watching. Hence when you go back to it you are on the recorded channel. 

0 Kudos
DianeV
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: After watching recorded programme, TV returns to the channel recorded not what i was tuned to. Why?

Thanks.  Yes, my old V plus box didn't do that, so it is irritating especially if I don't want to accidentally see the later part of, for example, baseball game before I've watched the earlier part!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The V+ HD box has a dedicated Live TV tuner - so will always remain on the channel you tuned to. The other two tuners are used for recordings.

However TiVo uses all three tuners for recordings, meaning you can record more at the same time. However this does mean as said above that sometimes you might end up a different channel than the one you started on.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos