Menu
EvoUK
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

After latest update TiVo now freezes and restarts

So I thought the latest update would improve things but alas not. It was ok for 2 days but now It's back to how it was, takes ages for the tv guide to show up, occasionally (more so now) I just get a black tv guide. Everything freezes and after 30-45 seconds the box restarts with all the front panel lights lit up, then it takes another 5 minutes to get the picture back. I've cleared the cache (thumbs down, up, play play etc) and pulled the plug out and left it for 20 minutes or so but nothing helps. So now along with it being slow again my box now freezes up......bloody great!! 

EvoUK
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: After latest update TiVo now freezes and restarts

No one else had this issue then?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What did the Faults team say when you talked to them?

You'll get an immediate response if you give them a ring on 150 (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 08:00 until 20:00, Monday to Saturday)

This is primarily a user community forum and while the VM forum team do endeavour to read and, where appropriate, respond to every thread, it can take them a few days to wade through the volume of posts. So for an technical issue, which this seems to be, your best line of inquiry is through the Faults team via the methods above.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Bingley
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lots of users have reported it , the RC24 update worked for a few days then back to slow, slow ,slow. I`ve canx my tivo as I refuse to be ripped off for a lousy piece of outdated junk that caused so much stress. 

0 Kudos