Menu
fergiet
Superfast
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Admit faults and come clean ?

Since last software update Tivo is slow, slow and slow. Virgin admits it's an issue. This they did a month ago. Fix - NO.

Recordings and play from pause - Pixilation and freezes. No admission of the issue and therefore no fix. They just keep telling posters that it's a hard drive fault.

Come on VM wake up, please.

A very unhappy customer.

vmforumlogin
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Admit faults and come clean ?

Totally agree.  Absolutely fed up to my back teeth with the pausing, slowness of searching, slow to react to remote actions rubbish system.  BBC I Player has never worked properly as well.  A well known issue for ages and yet they do nothing to sort it out.  We're getting a new box.  Wooooooopppppppeeeeeeeeee. Problem solved.  Wrong.  They'll pile more data grabbing software on it, probably have some plan to load it with activity focused adverts and it'll be as bad as it is now. 

Virgin Media 's current TIVO service is pants, pants, pants and more pants.

Oh and how could I forget.  The price has gone up again.  Thanks for the letter telling me how grateful I should be to you for doing this.  You bunch of muppets.

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Your recordings and pixelation issues sound like a signal issue for which you would need to phone in. Whilst mine is painfully slow as per software issue I have NO freezing or pixelation issue. 

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Parrotperson wrote:

Your recordings and pixelation issues sound like a signal issue for which you would need to phone in. Whilst mine is painfully slow as per software issue I have NO freezing or pixelation issue. 

So why continually give purely speculative information when you admit that you have no idea what you are talking about?

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Whilst I am as fed up as you Frank with the awful TiVo and the customer service, this is a user forum and I'm simply trying to help other users. May I suggest you leave me alone and post your gripes to Virgin? I get many kudos for correct answers so I'm not always wrong but always willing to be corrected. You aren't correcting me you're simply being a bully. 

fergiet
Superfast
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

"Parrotperson wrote:

Your recordings and pixelation issues sound like a signal issue for which you would need to phone in. Whilst mine is painfully slow as per software issue I have NO freezing or pixelation issue. "

My signal is fine, checked twice by Virgin engineer is past few weeks. You are lucky not to have freezing or pixelation issue.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Parrotperson wrote:

Whilst I am as fed up as you Frank with the awful TiVo and the customer service, this is a user forum and I'm simply trying to help other users. May I suggest you leave me alone and post your gripes to Virgin? I get many kudos for correct answers so I'm not always wrong but always willing to be corrected. You aren't correcting me you're simply being a bully. 

No, I object to the fact that you post information concerning customer problems that is purely speculative and can be positively misleading and the Forum team do nothing about it while actively preventing others from posting factually correct information..

Why not, as I have previously suggested, post along the lines of "You should call VM and ask them to look at your system". But to pretend that you know what the problem is when you do not have any real info is dishonest.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

fergiet wrote:

"Parrotperson wrote:

Your recordings and pixelation issues sound like a signal issue for which you would need to phone in. Whilst mine is painfully slow as per software issue I have NO freezing or pixelation issue. "

My signal is fine, checked twice by Virgin engineer is past few weeks. You are lucky not to have freezing or pixelation issue.

And that is the hub of the problem, if your specific issue is not on the Forum team's template then be prepared to wait indefinitely to get it resolved. 

As I have recently established, the Forum team are not only misdiagnosing problems but also, when a pattern is emerging, they are not passing this back so that those in VM who do monitor these issues are completely unaware of what is really happening,

¡No Pasarán!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello fergiet,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your TiVo® box.

You should not have freezes pictures due to the update so can I just confirm if this is happening on recordings or live TV? Ideally we would need to send someone out to find out why this is still happening.

Regarding slow performance there is a work around for this if you haven't already tried it here

And also another solution to speed things up is by going to - 

Home - Thumbs down - Thumbs up - Play - Play.

This will clear the cache of the box and help with the performance.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

fergiet
Superfast
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

"Hello fergiet,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your TiVo® box.

You should not have freezes pictures due to the update so can I just confirm if this is happening on recordings or live TV? Ideally we would need to send someone out to find out why this is still happening.

Regarding slow performance there is a work around for this if you haven't already tried it here

And also another solution to speed things up is by going to - 

Home - Thumbs down - Thumbs up - Play - Play.

This will clear the cache of the box and help with the performance.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At least a reply !
But really, that's all you can say ? Tried this umpteen times, rebooted upteen times, etc etc.
Nothing makes it faster.
It's now over a month since Virgin said the box was slow since software update so how long does it take to fix ?
Very, very poor service.
0 Kudos