Menu
Lancastrian
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Activating You Tube on Tivo Box

I am trying to activate You Tube on my Tivo Box, but can't because I already have a you tube account, and it says my e-mail address already has an account, can you help please?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activating You Tube on Tivo Box

Hi Lancastrian,

Thanks for popping by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting YouTube up and running on the TiVo® box.

I'll be happy to help out.  How are things looking today?  If you're still experiencing this issue, let me know and I can help further.

I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Lancastrian
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette Thank you for your response.  The issue is still the same, I know that the problem is not with the Tivo box.

When I go to 'activate' on my PC, it asks for my e-mail address and the minute I enter it, it tries to log in to my current YouTube account and there is nowhere to enter the activation code..

I already have two YouTube accounts for different purposes so both my e-mail addresses give me the same problem.

Regards

Lancastrian

0 Kudos
dave2660
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is there a reason you don't want to use either of your existing accounts? There' no need to create a YouTube account just for your TiVo.

On your PC you need to log into whatever YouTube account you want to use on your TiVo. Either one of your existing accounts, or create a new one. Once you're logged in on your PC with the account that you want to use then you should be able to go to the page the app is telling you to and enter the code which will link that account with the YouTobe app on your TiVo.

0 Kudos
Lancastrian
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wizard, thank you for your help, your instructions have been most helpful and helped me.  

Lancastrian

0 Kudos