Menu
fwg90
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Access code

How can I turn off the need to give a code to watch films - I have no children and it's driving me nuts

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Access code

Hi there fwg90,

Many thanks for your post. Smiley Happy

This can indeed be frustrating, especially if you have no children in the household, as mentioned in your post.

In order to watch content during the day, that was recorded after the 21:00 watershed, you will usually need to enter your PIN.

You can, however, disable most PIN requests, although, content recorded from some movie channels will always require a PIN based on the age-classification.

You can access the controls for PIN, by using your TiVo® remote and completing the following actions: -  

*HOME > HELP AND SETTINGS > PARENTAL CONTROLS (ENTER PIN) > REQUEST A PIN  TO WATCH RECORDINGS

If this is currently set to DO NOT REQUEST A PIN, then I'd ask you to change so that the tick is on the request a pin option, then come out of the menu, and follow that path again, then change it back to do not request a pin. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks again,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

fwg90
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying,

The problem is not with viewing recordings but viewing live tv where every change of channel, to see what the films are like, demands a pin.

That can work out at re entering my pin every 20 seconds or so until I've been through all the movie channels.

VERY FRUSTRATING and I see no answer unless you change the requirement allowing adults to set a no pin required - EVER - option.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello fwg90,

Thanks for getting back to us. I assume you're talking about Sky movies but yes all the options available to customise the pin are in the parental control settings so you may need to turn this off to prevent being asked for a pin when trying to watch movies.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fwg90
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose,

Have I missed something? I have switched parental control off and unlocked all channels but as I type this message ( 10.36 a.m.) I have used the control to access channel 402 and have the screen stating that the show has been classified as 15 and requires a pin to view before 21.00 . I am 69, my wife is 64, my children are 34 and 40, I have no grandchildren. We will never need this safeguard and would love to switch it off. Have we misunderstood that it is not possible? If so please tell us how to do it we'll be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Wyn Griffiths (Mr)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You cannot turn off PIN protection on the Sky Cinema channels.

This is a requirement from OFCOM which allows Sky Cinema to broadcast films outside their usual watershed hours.

Many years ago there was no PIN protection on Sky Movies (as was), and the only thing that could be shown during the day were U and PG films

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
fwg90
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you - I understand, what's being done to convince Ofcom that they are being draconian and a default setting that adults can change is required?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

fwg90 wrote:

Thank you - I understand, what's being done to convince Ofcom that they are being draconian and a default setting that adults can change is required?

Nothing, you can write to them and ask but I doubt they will change their stance, the easiest thing to do is make your pin 1111

0 Kudos