Menu
Markw42
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Absolute crap service.

We joined virgin Media about 2 and a half weeks ago and their service is an absolute joke. We are constantly getting the error 319 message on some on demand films and I have been on the phone to them untold amount of times just to be lied to and mugged off time after time. The service status page would say it would be fixed by a certain time and date and it never was also the time and date would go back further and further every time. Not one virgin Media employee has answered to these complaints in the forum and customer services don't seem to care. You sign up for their text and email alerts as to when it will be fixed and they contact you to tell you it's been fixed when it hasn't. The service status page is now showing no faults with their tv service in the area when there still is. Virgin Media is an absolute joke. We pay for a service which we are not receiving well enough enough if virgin Media are not going to fix this then this needs to reported further than to virgin Media as people need to he aware of their crap service.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Absolute crap service.

I can't condone these obvious problems with on demand material but I can offer a perfectly acceptable workaround.

Use TiVo to record what you want to watch.

0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Then that beats the point of having on demand and catchup doesn`t it. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bingley wrote:

I use it for stuff I didn't know about or forgot to record, it seems perverse to have a recording box that will let you watch stuff at your convenience but to ignore the feature and try to watch everything on catchup

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bingley wrote:

I'm the sort of person who accepts what you are saying but suggests a more than adequate workaround. A workaround which just happens to be the primary function of the box - recording.

0 Kudos