Menu
cruising
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

AN ENCOURAGEMENT TO USE THE FORUM

I would encourage anyone with problems of any kind to use the Forum as much as possible.

With the recent and ongoing problems that individual customers have had for such a long time, in particular with the You Tube app, a great deal of frustration has built up. Many posters have rightly expressed  concern that they have been ill informed of resolutions and their views not being listened to.

Since opening the thread "is anyone listening" several posters, myself included, have finally had some response.

Although we are still as individuals living with the faults that have plagued us recently, our concerns have at least been recognised in print.

Whether or not this leads to resolutions remains to be seen but at this present time I would like to thank those responsible for the Forum for taking this action.

Of course this is only the first step but I would encourage any hesitant posters to go right ahead and let the Forum know of your problems.

The amount of information I personally have gathered from reading through the posts has been invaluable. It enables points to be made, not in isolation, but in the knowledge that many other customers are suffering the same problems and frustrations.

The usual route of dialling 150 for anything other than a simple request is a constant recipe for headaches and the feeling that no one understands the issues beyond what Customer Services read from their stock answer sheet.

Every post on the Forum gives us all that extra bit of information to take our problems forward with the hope of resolving them. 

Crucially though, there is strength in numbers and the more that the Forum Community airs it views the more likely that someone at VM may understand the strength of feeling on certain subjects.

After all...we pay a great deal of money for the service and (hopefully/surely) it is not in the long term interest of VM to ignore these views.

0 Kudos
thanks4nothing
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: AN ENCOURAGEMENT TO USE THE FORUM

Good luck but I don't believe you will get anywhere with the information you have been given. I have been told the same thing (over subscription, network congestion) for years and always been given a rolling date that is always about 3 months into the future. I get 72.31 Mbps broadband and netflix works fine, apart from the bugs and very slow interface yet youtube is still like it is running on dialup in the 1990's. They all need to work with the infrastructure in place and not just work at VM HQ.

I'm still waiting for 20.4.3.1 and know what I will be doing when it arrives so will probably not post much after that.

I think VM should make it clear what the purpose is of this forum. As they keep saying it is a community forum rather than customer support. They might be happy checking signal levels (for noisy hard drives Smiley Very Happy) and booking engineers but they don't seem to log bugs, or escalate complaints or listen to feedback about ongoing roll-outs that break key features such as dolby digital. They don't even seem to have knowledge of the roll-out that has been discussed for the past 6 weeks on other forums. This is all fine but they should make it known, so people don't think this is official support and have certain expectations, IMO.

VM please do not phone me again to discuss my posts. I have not welcomed or invited such an intrusion.

This user has left the community.
0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: AN ENCOURAGEMENT TO USE THE FORUM

Yep.....agree with all the points made.

Similarly not confident in how much progress can be made when the track record of VM and most people's experiences over many years has been so negative.

Have been tempted many times to chuck it in and go somewhere else but still pushing because as a product I prefer cable and fibre optic.....but it has to be managed properly!!

Soldiering on......more with hope than expectation.

0 Kudos