Menu
lyngarth
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A few small issues

Hi,

I'm new to Virgin TV so sorry if the following questions sound stupid.

First thing I have noticed is the picture quality is very poor on quite lot of the channels, so poor its almost non watchable, mainly the sd channels.

I recorded a programme on the Universal channel, after about 10 mins I had to delete it as it was so bad, very Pixelated (i think thats the word) also happens on other channels.

Not sure if its my end or yours.

Second thing is the box is so slow, the wife tired to watch something on catch-up, took her a long time to even load the menu, about 20-25 seconds between each button push just to load the next page, is this normal ? and once we got it loaded the quality was very , again very Pixelated.

At the moment I still have Sky tv running, (ends in 5 days) but watching the same channels on sky are so much better and the catch-up tv is up and running in a matter of seconds.

So is there something I need to do to speed up my box and hopefully improve the picture from wath it is to being watchable ? (have tired turning off, leaving 10 mins and rebooting) or is it something I will just have to put up with ?

One last thing, when I phoned up to order Virgin, I was told the box would be 1TB but this one doesn't seem to hold a lot of tv on it, how do I check this out.

Many thanks

Neil

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: A few small issues

It sounds as if there is a signal issue with your box - perhaps best to telephone the faults you are experiencing.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi lyngarth,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your getting a poor picture on your channels and the Catch Up.  This is not the norm so I will be happy to help out and get this sorted for you.

I have connected to your box remotely and there is a signal fault that needs fixing.  I will arrange for an engineer to call out and resolve.

I'll send the details in a private message for you.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lyngarth
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me, message sent.
0 Kudos