Menu
JustMe1234
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A Question About Changing From A HD V Box To A Tivo Box

Hi there. Excuse me?

I have a question to ask please?

I have been setup with Virgin Media for a while now, and I am currently using a V Box HD.

At some point in the future, I may be interested in changing / swapping my V Box for a Tivo Box, as I am interested in the use of Netflix and what this service has to offer.

From what I gather, (put simply)  you can use it to pay for and watch new movies as they become available.

That is the impression I get, and I think this would be helpful to me so that I don't have to keep buying Movie DVD's, and keeping them piled up at home when I don't want to watch them anymore.

My question is - does it cost any money to swap from a regular V Box to a Tivo Box?

And if so, how much would it cost please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: A Question About Changing From A HD V Box To A Tivo Box

self install ie swap the box yourself is £20 and there's a £5 per month fee for tivo.  you could try ringing retentions and see what deal you can get, depending on your current package it may even be cheaper

Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Netflix isn't quite what you suggest, it's a subscription service that you pay for monthly that then allows you to watch their library of films and TV series. Not all films appear on there and usually they don't appear until some time after the DVD has been out (though there are exceptions).

The service you're talking about is Movies On Demand, where you pay a fee to watch a particular film once, films on this usually come out the same day as the DVD release (also, I think this service is available on a V HD box anyway, without needing a TiVo, but I could be wrong)

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

self install ie swap the box yourself is £20 and there's a £5 per month fee for tivo.  you could try ringing retentions and see what deal you can get, depending on your current package it may even be cheaper

Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Netflix isn't quite what you suggest, it's a subscription service that you pay for monthly that then allows you to watch their library of films and TV series. Not all films appear on there and usually they don't appear until some time after the DVD has been out (though there are exceptions).

The service you're talking about is Movies On Demand, where you pay a fee to watch a particular film once, films on this usually come out the same day as the DVD release (also, I think this service is available on a V HD box anyway, without needing a TiVo, but I could be wrong)

JustMe1234
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi.

Thanks a lot for the helpful replies. Smiley Happy

I have managed to locate the Movies On Demand service on my V Box setup, and didn't realise it worked like how I had imagined in my first post until I took a good look at it. I know this now, and it's something I'm glad that I have found with a bit of help from you at the virgin media forums here.

Knowing this, I don't think I'll need to swap to a Tivo Box for a while yet.

Thanks again. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos