Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

52 Hours of Flashing Green Lights

Hi team, 

We had a card through the door on Tuesday 29th November advising that our service would be interrupted for a few hours due to upgrades in the area; the card stated that if the service was still down after 6pm we should contact support.

The service was still down and the router lights lights were flashing a steady green, whilst the TiVO box had a steady red light flashing. Customer services were busy Tuesday night, so we called Wednesday morning and were told there were no problems in the area and to switch the router and TiVO off and back on again, service would be back to normal within an hour. 

An hour passed and still no luck, the same green and red lights were flashing. We called support again later that evening and were told again that there were no issues and to restart the devices; if we were still having problems we could then arrange for a technician to visit. 

As of this point, the broadband and TV services are still down, is there anything else that can be done? We don't understand the need to send out a technician (which may not be available for a few days, and would require somebody to stop at home all day too) when the service was fine prior to local area upgrades?

If there is anything else you require, please do let me know. Looking forward to your thoughts. 

Best, 

Lee

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 52 Hours of Flashing Green Lights

im only part of the virgin customer side of things and forum team member helper of tv issues could i ask what card came through door and is the tv side of fault or anything happening with tivo as i cant ask for private info from you im only assisting the team who can deal with this for you and they will help u out for issues all the best jonni cheers lee
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jonni, 

Sure, the card was branded Virgin Media, there was no differentiation between TV or broadband; and both have been affected. The TiVO box has a flashing red LED and shows a 'Please Wait' message on the television. Earlier advice was that the TiVO box was rebooting and would resume normal service within an hour, however we're now 3 days in and there's been no change. 

Thanks, Lee 

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

the forum team might have the answer to explain this in the correct way as i wouldnt like to make this worse for you team can sort this out for you as they have better knowledge on this jonni
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi 733,

Thank you for posting, welcome into the Community. 

I am sorry to read that you have experienced some interruptions on the TV services in the home. After having a look at the connection and running some tests, it's clear to see that there are some issues that would need to be looked at and adjusted by and engineer, as you box is still showing as not connected.

If you can have a little look inside your Inbox, you'll see I've sent you a Private Message. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope.

Speak to you soon and welcome into the Community.
Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos