Menu
petronic
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

4k News

Simple what is the position on 4k. Are all the Tiveo boxes now redundant. If so as i have 2 with new screens on the way get replaced FOC.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 4k News

even sky does not have any 4k mainstram broadcasts atm i know there is only bt sport in 4k that i know about i think you better wait untill alot more mainstram broadcasts before you ever think about upgrading to v6 stuff from vm with sky theres not much there with 4k tv atm

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

There is no 4K ATM as there are no 4K mainstram broadcasts

no the tivo is not redundent

petronic
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks then should i move over to Sky? Have all the packages sports films etc and on Amazon Prime Tv so would i not be better off with Sky?
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

even sky does not have any 4k mainstram broadcasts atm i know there is only bt sport in 4k that i know about i think you better wait untill alot more mainstram broadcasts before you ever think about upgrading to v6 stuff from vm with sky theres not much there with 4k tv atm

LittleMick73
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately an awful lot of people seem to have spent hard earned money on 4k tvs, before there are enough broadcaster's transmitting in that format, I know its not much consolation but there have been a number of posts on here warning to that fact. It pays to do a bit of research before spending on expensive items. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
petronic
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yep fully appreciate that so do understand the sales pitch etc. But i still ask as their may be some addtional "news"

So have you heard about the iphone 15?

yep their will always be reasons for updating or are all the iphone owners being conned just as the new reg owners 17 plates?

I love my screens i do undestand and have viewed genuine 4k and 8k? examples but understand that they will come in due course.

As did 3D and what of those folk with them easy buy a new screen we are all being manipulated to by the latest Tech
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

petronic wrote:
Yep fully appreciate that so do understand the sales pitch etc. But i still ask as their may be some addtional "news"

So have you heard about the iphone 15?

yep their will always be reasons for updating or are all the iphone owners being conned just as the new reg owners 17 plates?

I love my screens i do undestand and have viewed genuine 4k and 8k? examples but understand that they will come in due course.

As did 3D and what of those folk with them easy buy a new screen we are all being manipulated to by the latest Tech

I would suggest that the opposite is true, the vast majority of people are not being manipulated and have simply ignored the 3D fad, which has come and gone, and are equally ignoring 4K. 

That is the primary reason that the TV manufacturers keep on coming out with the next best thing. I wonder how many 4K TV sales are to those with now redundant 3D TVs.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

i'm going to stock up on 3d TV's while i can Smiley Tongue
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

honstly 3d tv there is noning in them only had one channel in 3d on sky i think the 4k side will being out near the same channals you have in nomal hd channals.

one you do notice the colers in a 4k tv pair to hd tv and hd channels comes up better on a 4k tv.
two there is not a 4k twnner out yet only on sky q and vm v6 box once it gets better they will turn off the nomal channels and only have the hd and 4k bit in a few years time

0 Kudos
petronic
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all views and opinions always welcomed and appreciated.
petronic
0 Kudos