Menu
Howlingwolf
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

3rd failed Tivo Box

Back in April, my Tivo box failed with a faulty hard drive. The box was a good few years old, and so I was not overly upset about it - hard drives fail.., and VM had an engineer out with a replacement within 2 days.

However, that replacement box failed within a couple of months... same issue, failed hard drive. So another replacement. The engineer this time gave me a Samsung rather than Cisco TiVo - said it was a better option. (of course - refurbished box!)

That was maybe a couple of months ago - if even... and guess what - that box is now having issues... noticed the last week or so - box rebooting for no reason - partial recordings. But today, the box just packed up completely. Several reboots, cold restart after powering down for 10 minutes - I got the TV picture up - after 2-3 minutes - frozen - no response, only option to reboot.

Called it in, waited at least 20 minutes in the queue - then half an hour on the phone going through the motions.. restart, what lights are on - but we never got the box back up to a usable state. Came up as far as the Home screen - then froze... no TV output, no guide, no access to recordings... nada. And the box itself feels hot to the touch...

So Virgin's repsonse? They will send me a brand new box, but, it will be delivered by courier, in 3-5 Business days! And with the bank holiday this weekend - he says I can maybe expect by Thursday next week!!! Plus I have to install it myself...

I've been a customer for over 12 years, and never had any complaints until this TiVo started playing up. I think I will be phoning them back tomorrow - and asking for a refund!

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3rd failed Tivo Box

Are you still in contract? If not phone back and say you want to cancel........

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3rd failed Tivo Box

Hi Howlingwolf,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that your experience with TiVo® has been less than perfect so far Smiley Sad 

Since posting, have you received the new TiVo® yet? If we can definitively narrow down the issue to being an equipment error then we would always send new equipment as opposed to an engineer. 

Come back and let us know how things are Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos