Menu
dangie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

3rd TiVo Box but still pixelation

Ever since I've had a TiVo Box I've had intermittent lines of pixelation varying from mildly annoying to unwatchable. Virgin technicians have attended numerous times. Signals and connections have been checked and each time they are satisfactory. Of course the pixelation never occurred when technician in attendance. The final diagnosis was that the TiVo box itself was at fault. It was changed for a new box. Pixelation still occurred on new box. More technician visits and checks. All checks satisfactory. Pixelation still occurring. Diagnosed again as TiVo box fault. New TiVo box installed last week. Result, still pixelation.

I also have a V+ Box in another room which is has no pixelation at all. I have recorded programmes with bad pixelation on the TiVo box to show to the technicians. When playing back recording pixelation always occurs at exactly the same place so problem must lie with TiVo box or signal into it. The last technician said that there had been a faulty batch of Samsung TiVo boxes. Seeing I have had TiVo for a few years it must have been a big batch! He said replacing with a Cisco TiVo box may cure my problem. The length of cable from the wall box to the TiVo is non-Virgin. It was made up for me by my local electronics shop. I have pointed this out to all the technicians who attend but they have all said it's good quality cable so shouldn't cause my problem. Pixelation occurs on most channels both on standard and HD.

Can anyone please help or advise?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3rd TiVo Box but still pixelation

Hey dangie

Long time no speak, I hope you're well. I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you've been experiencing with your TiVo service.

We'd really like to get this issue resolved as soon as possible, so I've raised this to be investigated by our back office teams for you. When an update is available a member of the team will contact you to let you know.

I'm sorry again for the inconvenience this has caused, we're looking forward to putting this right.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dangie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3rd TiVo Box but still pixelation

Hello Craig

Many thanks for your help.

Regards

Dave

0 Kudos