Menu
ASHMARK
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

3D +UHD programmes

I just bought a new 4K UHD tv with 3d capability ( most tvs seem to have 3d) and there is a distinct lack of out put in either of these formats, particularly 3D.

There is a handful of  3D movies on Virgin movies, but not many.

I was aware of this shortage but was wondering if there is any potential to get more of this stuff soon and available on Virgin TIVO?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
beaker656
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 3D +UHD programmes

Get more stuff soon, The 3d bandwagon has rumbled on by, think you missed it.

Most providers did carry "some" content 2011 onwards for a couple of years, but it's very scarce now. BBC have said they'll do no more, that was 2013, sky dropped their 3d channel in June last year making any 3d content "on demand" only.

Most TV manufacturers don't even push the 3d capabilities of their screens now. Those with active technology sell them without the glasses to cut costs. You get no 3d games on consoles any more and 3d blurays are also pretty scarce.

Next passing 3d fad will be glasses-less whenever that arrives.

Some times it pays to be an early adopter, but you pay for it. I enjoyed mine whilst it lasted. My 3d screen has been replaced by a 4k screen and is only used for gaming. Good luck on the 4k too. Nobody will be transmitting that as mainstream for quite a while. There is some on Netflix, but you have to have the right tv and a good broadband speed.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

0 Kudos

All Replies
beaker656
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Get more stuff soon, The 3d bandwagon has rumbled on by, think you missed it.

Most providers did carry "some" content 2011 onwards for a couple of years, but it's very scarce now. BBC have said they'll do no more, that was 2013, sky dropped their 3d channel in June last year making any 3d content "on demand" only.

Most TV manufacturers don't even push the 3d capabilities of their screens now. Those with active technology sell them without the glasses to cut costs. You get no 3d games on consoles any more and 3d blurays are also pretty scarce.

Next passing 3d fad will be glasses-less whenever that arrives.

Some times it pays to be an early adopter, but you pay for it. I enjoyed mine whilst it lasted. My 3d screen has been replaced by a 4k screen and is only used for gaming. Good luck on the 4k too. Nobody will be transmitting that as mainstream for quite a while. There is some on Netflix, but you have to have the right tv and a good broadband speed.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

0 Kudos
ASHMARK
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had thought as much!!

3D is a good experience when you can get the output.

I guess all I can do is ask Virgin to put a few more 3D movies and programmes in its on demand section PLEASE

0 Kudos