Menu
Harry48
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

25% buffering

I get 25% buffering when watching Netflix, reported it a number of times but without any outcome, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: 25% buffering

Hi Harry48,

Thank you for popping in and posting your comment. I can see that this is the first time so welcome into the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry read about the Netflix buffering at 25%. When you've mentioned a number of times this has been happening, I would like to ask if this is happening in the evening and also is there a particular show/s that this exists with? 

I've also noticed that one of the boxes in the home aren't reporting to the network, do you have any turned off at the time of my message?

Keep in touch and come back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Harry48
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben, thanks for getting back, yes  the buffering does happening in the evening and on any show/shows.

My Tivo box is always switched on or on standby, the standard box which is upstairs is not always switched on, should it be?

Regards David.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This problem occurs on several different devices - not just TiVo.

If is often resolved by completely logging out of Netflix  -  and then going through the signin procedure again with the username/password.

I can't check at the moment but I think you have to go into the settings menu to disconect/logout from Netflix on TiVo.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Harry48
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, i will give give that a try. Harry48
0 Kudos
Harry48
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still got the 25% buffering (six times) whilst watching two films last night. i have tried all the suggestions given regarding ongoing fault but nothing works.

Surely in this technological age it cant be beyond the capabilities of Virgin Media / Netflix to find a solution & fix this, or are they only interested in taking our money for a shoddy service and don't give a damn?

Harry48.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

just one suggestion - you can check whether it is a netflix issue by playing the same show on another deivce. if that works ok then it is a VM/tivo problem.

if not then check web sites like downrightnow to see if others are reporting netflix service issues

http://downrightnow.com/netflix

there is some sort of built in netflix app network or geo location check at 25% so if that fails....

if you google "netflix stuck 25%" you see that it is a possible sticking point on all devices, not just tivo.

0 Kudos
Vurginnomedia
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Given so many users are experiencing this problem for over a year, you'd think virgin would request a version of the app for TiVo box that bypasses geo check.

0 Kudos