Menu
Barraclough
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

25% Netflix buffering issue

Someone please help. For nearly a year now my Netflix works for about 20min and then freezes and buffers to 25%. Relaunching Netflix after an hour might give me another 5min. Pretty crap. Have ended up paying for service I rarely use! Virgin have been unhelpful and blamed Netflix. I phoned Netflix and they say it's a virgin problem. I pay Virgin for this service so I would hope they can sort. Please can someone let me know how to sort. Thanks
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: 25% Netflix buffering issue

You pay Netflix for the Netflix service and the 25% problem is an issue for some TiVo users - it is not a TiVo issue as the same issue is reported by some PS3, Xbox and BTtv users.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Barraclough
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for advice but sadly doesn;t really help. I've tried Netflix and they say it's an issue with virgin and vis/versa. As the customer I'm stuck in the middle with a poor service. Obviously it's not something I can fix so I do think that Virgin and Netflix between them should sort this out. May be if this is an ongoing problem for quite a few customers then someone from Virgin should be taking it up with Netflix on out behalf. I;ve been with Virgin for many years but I'm almost at the point of moving to Sky as I'm not getting anywhere with Virgin! All the best

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm have the 25% buffering issue this morning -  but only on my Amazon Fire TV

I'm fairly sure the issue is with one of the Netflix servers.

V6 TiVo (with MRS)
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Try logging out of Netflix on the TiVo and re-logging in.

Some have said it works and it did with my Fire this morning.

V6 TiVo (with MRS)
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Barraclough
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. In the end I went nuclear on the Tivo box and just wiped everything and reset the whole thing. Lost all my recordings and the kids are a bit upset! but seems to have worked so far. Watch about 45min of Netflix with no issues!

0 Kudos
mks0125
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

This is not a netflix issue. I have had this same issue with iPlayer, Netflix and YouTube on the Tivo box. Been getting this issue for 5 months and have complained to VM many times.

iPlayer, Netflix and YouTube all work fine when using them on a laptop with the VM Broadband. The VM Tech support explained that the Tivo does not use the broadband line, but has a separate 10Mbs line that it uses. They say the issue due to an external bandwith issue which they were planning to have been upgraded on 18/Nov/2015. Last night they have now told me it be Jan/2016.

They have refunded part of my subscription fee due to the poor service - I recommend that you call up and complain.

0 Kudos
Barraclough
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thanks. good advice. I will certainly call them up. cheers

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

TiVo is the only device I don't get it on!!

And as you say - you've had it on other devices too.

I've even had it on the BT Network.

mks0125 wrote:

This is not a netflix issue. I have had this same issue with iPlayer, Netflix and YouTube on the Tivo box. Been getting this issue for 5 months and have complained to VM many times.

V6 TiVo (with MRS)
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was getting this problem last night at 8:45PM on the TV Netflix when it stopped buffering at 25% and put up up a message asking if I was connected to the Internet.  I had to switch over to the PC Network connection to watch the remainder of a Jessica Jones episode.

It would seem that the problem wasn't with Netflix but with the TV side of serving of it.

0 Kudos