Menu
Ashk86
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

2016 Tivo Software Update

Does anyone have any further info on this update... Is it still being tested or is it ready to be rolled out? Is there a schedule for the update rollout?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 2016 Tivo Software Update

It's rolling out now. I got it last week. Beware. At the moment there's a glitch that stops TiVo recording whilst in standby so leave it on all the time when you do get it. Also can make it run (even) slow(er). Try thumbs up thumbs down play play on your remote. You should hear a beep. It does seem to tell it run better. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's rolling out now. I got it last week. Beware. At the moment there's a glitch that stops TiVo recording whilst in standby so leave it on all the time when you do get it. Also can make it run (even) slow(er). Try thumbs up thumbs down play play on your remote. You should hear a beep. It does seem to tell it run better. 

0 Kudos
barrylowry
Superfast
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Parrotperson wrote:

I hope they have suspended the roll out until they have a fix. Rolling out a fix that hobbles the ability to record, which is a significant part if not whole purpose of the TIVO would lead them into trouble not only with their customers  and possibly ofcom but also open them up to legal challenge as the ability to record programs whilst away has been impaired and that would be, in my non legal opinion, an understood part of the consumer contract of TIVO use.

Any TIVO using legal mind out there care to give us an opinion?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In my very humble opinion it's a minor niggle. Leave the box on. Sorted. 

0 Kudos
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So cant we see any screenshots from this new update or is it classified..😒

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
Ashk86
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Will we know of we've had it (ie visually) or is there a version number I can check for?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The easiest way is to see what the heading is if you press Home, followed by 1.

If it says Manage Series Link+, you have the new software.

Bazzer
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Leaving the box switched on doesn't sort out the SSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOWWWWW problem though

0 Kudos
Nigel_F
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think I found a fix for both standby issues and slowness. It worked on my box. I posted in this thread:

Link to Thread

0 Kudos