Menu
ghostlyease
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

1tb tivo box intermittent fault (hard drive issue?)

Intermittent fault, I hear the hard drive making noise like its trying to write something and failing, this may go on for 1min then the TV screen goes blank, lights at the front of the box flash, no buttons work, remote doesnt work and the only way I can get it back up is to switch box off and then back on again, this has now happened 3 times, twice in the last week so I called Virgin, because now its working fine they cant find any problems and they say I have to call back when its not working, my concern is of course there is obv a physical problem with the box hence the noise the hard drive is making and at some point my box wont work any more and we will be with no TV and we will have to wait for a new working box to be posted to us (even if they will do that)  or a technician to come and fix it, wouldnt it make sense to fix the problem before im left with no Tivo box? 

Anybody else had the same problem? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 1tb tivo box intermittent fault (hard drive issue?)

Hi ghostlyease,

Thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having an intermittent hard drive failure on your TiVo® box. I can see how this can be annoying especially if you're trying to watch or record something.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests on the hard drive. It's now showing up some errors which would cause the problems you've mentioned. This will need an engineer to fix.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to get this fault fixed for you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
ghostlyease
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came promptly on Monday, fixed the issue by installing a new 1tb box, but lost all my recording as he couldnt leave old box behind Smiley Sad 

0 Kudos
Paulnew2
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem but mine will freeze without the also

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulnew2,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the TiVo® freezing.  I can see that you have an engineer appointment booked to get this fixed.

I would be great to hear back how you get on after the appointment, please do keep me posted.

I'm here to help if you need me.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos