Menu
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

1Tb TiVo Box "Overheating" - restarting it failed.

Hi,

We have had the 1Gb TiVo Box in the Lounge since they were officially launched. Never had problems until recently.

We have had slow access to Apps and 'drilling' down the menu system takes forever. NetFlix and YouTube we have problems with, we have buffering issues on both TiVo Boxes.

However, today the TiVo box displayed a massive RED WARNING message stating it was over heating, it had only just been turned on, which makes us think theres more to it. We have never seen this message before.

Because we have a 4 UHD NetFlix Subscription, we have decided to watch NetFlix on our iPads, and gaming consoles. We would prefer the NetFlix on the Lounge TV, but a bit unsure after seeing that message earlier today.

Any ideas, or will the box require replacing?

Regards,

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 1Tb TiVo Box "Overheating" - restarting it failed.

Hi Les, 

Cheers for the reply and popping those two on Smiley Happy

I've had a check and looks like the 1TB box has an issue with the hard drive, which will need an engineer and most likely a box swap.

I've sent you another 'Private Message', with some details to pop me over Smiley Happy

Ta very much Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Echelom,

Thank you for your message here and posting in the Community again, welcome back Smiley Happy

I think this would certainly indicate an issue with with box and I would be leaning towards a replacement. I've been trying to run some additional checks but I've not been able to locate your account with the details you have. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page. Can you have a look and pop me over what's needed inside?

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Les, 

Cheers for the mahoosive amount of information here, It's safe to say anyone will have no difficulty helping  Smiley Happy

I've tested the connection and looks like the two boxes you have in the home are turned off, can you confirm this?

If they are, can you pop them on and let me know?

While I searched the area I did find an outage relating to demand in the evenings and we're planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times such as evenings and weekends) will be resolved.

Keep in touch Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Right both were in Standby Mode, they are both on now.

Bedroom TiVo is on Channel 113
Lounge TiVo is on Channel 602

Thanks for the quick reply! Smiley Happy

Regards,
Les.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Les, 

I've had a check and looks like the 1TB box has an issue with the hard drive, which will need an engineer and most likely a box swap.

I've sent you another 'Private Message', with some details to pop me over Smiley Happy

Ben

echelom
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

BenD_H wrote:

Hi Les, 

Ben

Hi Ben,

I've only had the initial PM, did you send a second one because I have not seen anything yet.

Regards,

Les.

0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Just a quick message, not a long one 'like usual' from me! lol

My wife and myself have noticed a big improvement since the new 1Tb TiVo Box was replaced. I did state in my OP that drilling down the menu system used to be very slow. Since, the box swap today - there is a very big improvement with the menu system speed.

Okay, the Netflix and YouTube Apps, are still slow - but that's normal for TiVo!  Even our NowTV box Apps are quicker - However, it's like I said to the VM Engineer, Virginmedia had the advantage to be first by including the NetFlix App with thousands of movies for low cost, and Sky had nothing!!

Then Sky brought out the NowTV box, which works out cheaper in many ways, but is still limited, no NetFlix, Amazon Prime, etc - Sky content only, oh and 13 channels you don't see on FreeView, as they state. Smiley Surprised

Nothing over heats now, and TiVo is much quicker! Thanks...

Regards,

Les.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Les, 

Thank you for your message Smiley Happy I'm chuffed for you that the TiVo is running much quicker, I can honestly say that my reading speed has increased since our conversations Smiley Tongue 

We're always working with the speed of the drop down menu and I'm confident that as we move forward in time everything will get faster and more enjoyable Smiley Happy

If there's anything that you or your wife may need in the future, just drop me a line here Smiley Happy

All the best and take care Smiley Happy

Ben

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just as a passing comment ... my "NOW TV" box has Netflix on it ....
0 Kudos
echelom
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

andyju wrote:
Just as a passing comment ... my "NOW TV" box has Netflix on it ....

How did you get NetFlix on a NowTV box? Are you using Plex?

I looked to see if it was on Plex but could not see it on there...

Regards,

Les.

0 Kudos