Menu
mezzaninedoor
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

100% Christmas Gift: Just delete half the contents !!!!

Very very unimpressed with my Virgin Tivo box for the first time ever, Didnt watch much telly over christmas so the box hit 100% ............ only problem is it appears to have deleted 46% of the shows that were on it AND they are not in the recently deleted folder. All of last series Jools Holland and Doctor Who etc. Just gone !!!! Rubbish !!!!

Elementary gone , Flash, Green Arrow etc etc

they are not even in the deleted folder, if this is a bug surely this is something that customers could be warned about, not very impressed at all

Tony

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
mezzaninedoor
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 100% Christmas Gift: Just delete half the contents !!!!

Phoned 150 and I explained my dilemma and they wanted me to turn it off then on again !!!!!

I really give up with this.

Then the phone call dropped out, so I now need to phone in again. I have been trying to get live chat with them for 3 days but they are always too busy and no live chat slots !!!!
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I sympathise. It is a bug and I doubt you'll get them back. TiVo hit 100% and started planning two weeks ahead so deleting so much of your old stuff to make way for new stuff. 

Mark those series that are really important with KUID but don't under any circumstances mark them all as that might result in another  over deletion of series. 

mezzaninedoor
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks,  better explanation than Virginmedia have given me.

I dont understand why they are not in the deleted folder

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure it's a bug.

When it's FIRST 100% full, it deletes the oldest so that new bookings can be recorded. They don't appear in the deleted folder because they've gone. You can only have 100% filled. If your Christmas bookings amounted to 50% or so of your available volume on the disk, then by the end of the recordings, 50% of your past recordings will have gone.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If your box hit 100% then there would be nothing in the deleted folder as it can only temporarily hold stuff in there when there is space available. Being 100% then there is no space.

However being down to about 50% sounds more like the bug of being nearly full kicked in and went on a deleting spree of it's own. Still unexplained and still not fixed by Virgin.
mezzaninedoor
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I Agree Bingham Bloke, I think its a bug and I have made a written complaint to Virginmedia for reparation.

0 Kudos