Menu
ktofu23
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

1 TB Hard drive broken 2nd time in 6 months

Maybe It's just bad luck but my 1tb tivo had broken down again. It's the second time in 6 months so I am quite cross about it.
Last time an engineer attended and replaced the box only to be given a 500gb Samsung box. I was not impressed.
Eventually it was sorted with a 1tb Cisco box but we are just a few months down the line and it has developed another fault.

I have another engineer booked for this Saturday but I would like assurance that I won't be given a replacement 500gb one instead again.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 1 TB Hard drive broken 2nd time in 6 months

Hi ktofu23, 

Thanks for your post and my greatest apologies to hear about the issues you have been having with your TiVo® box and it's replacements. 

Since posting, I'm hoping the second engineer has been? How did the visit go? Do you finally have a working TiVo®? 

If not come back and let us know as we'll be able to run through some diagnostics to see what's going on. 

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
ktofu23
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So Virgin replaced my box yesterday.
This one is defective. Recordings all freeze.
They are sending out another engineer next Saturday.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ktofu23, 

Thanks for your post and my greatest apologies to hear about the issues you have been having with your TiVo® box and it's replacements. 

Since posting, I'm hoping the second engineer has been? How did the visit go? Do you finally have a working TiVo®? 

If not come back and let us know as we'll be able to run through some diagnostics to see what's going on. 

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
ktofu23
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kate.

So an engineer replaced my box on Saturday. He left before it had properly installed. This box is defective too. It restarts at random intervals and when it trys to record it freezes and cuts out all the time. You can hear the hard drive clucking and clicking.

I am very cross about the whole situation. I contacted 150 and informed them that I have lost faith in the tivo service and the only acceptable corse of action would be to replace the box with a v6 box by way of adequate compensation for the agro and time lost. They told me that they were not prepared to do that but I was offered a box at a reduced rate.

In my opinion I ought to have been offered a box free of charge for all the agro this has caused me.

I reluctantly accepted the terms and booked a new appointment for Wednesday 22nd February.

An extra nugget of info for you here.
On Saturday when the engineer installed this box he warned me that the 1tb boxes had been a bit buggey in the past and that if I still had problems with this one then I should drop down to the more reliable 500gb. I remarked that this would be an unacceptable solution to the problem as we need 1tb as this is what we had paid for.
I said that if this box had problems then I would be in contact with customer services to discuss sorting out a new v6.

I am very keen to remain a virgin media customer but this recent bout of terrible customer service has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Please restore my faith in you.
ktofu23
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Hoping for an answer to my woes with Tivo service.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
ktofu23
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,still awaiting your reply.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ktofu23,

Thanks for coming back to me here. 

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you. We work the posts in date order and have been behind recently. 

I have replied to you via your other thread here: Tivo service complaint

I have closed this thread now so have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos