Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
One to Watch
Matt42
Helpful Answer

Laptop not recognising 5G

Hi,

Just received the new superhub2 but my laptop can't see the new network whereas my ipad and phone can. I think it's to do with my laptop card settings, can anybody help? It's a Belkin F5D8073N wireless express card adapter. I had a look in advanced settings of the card but it's all in computer 'speak'!

Thanks in advance

Matt

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

Re: Laptop not recognising 5G

It doesn't support 5ghz

2.4 only
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Matt42

Really? Oh no!!  the 5ghz is faster and the 2ghz (which it connects to) is slower than the old state of affairs!

Can you recommend an alternative express card adapter that will work?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
kluivert116

Hi,

I am having the same problem on my Samsung laptop which is not recognising 5G but only 2G. My wireless adapter is: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter and would appreciate some help.

many thanks in advance! 

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

kluivert116 wrote:

Hi,

I am having the same problem on my Samsung laptop which is not recognising 5G but only 2G. My wireless adapter is: Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter and would appreciate some help.

many thanks in advance! 

It doesn't support 5ghz

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
John_G

Hi Kluivert116,

I'm afraid Gary is correct and this series of wireless adapter won't be able to see or connect to the 5GHz network. 

John
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.