Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
magicpatch

Awful connection since Friday's outage - CR7

[ Edited ]

The Internet went down on Friday and since its returned the connection has been awful. Pages are barely loading, or when they do eventually load it takes an age.

We also have a Virgin Business connection at work - as part of the LGfL2.0 roll out to schools across London - and it's also been experiencing the same issues since it went live on Thursday, I'll be raising this with their support teams tomorrow - if the issue is still there.

It was perfectly fine before the outage on Friday, anyone got any ideas of what is happening here as the internet is unusable like this.

Please use plain text.
magicpatch

Re: Awful connection since Friday's outage - CR7

So I assume VM are turning a blind eye to this rather than actually trying to fix my connection. Been like this for 4 days now and no-one seems to care!
Please use plain text.
magicpatch

[ Edited ]
Ok maybe this will kick people into action? Well I did post some traceroutes but it didn't paste in well! I might try from work, oh wait thats a non-working VirginMedia connection too :/
Please use plain text.
magicpatch

Seems the Virgin staff have selective replying syndrome on here. Anyway further investigation seems to suggest I have no download bandwidth at all. I can upload at almost full speed but can't get anything more that 0.2Mbps download. A few app updates on iTunes currently says 8 hours to download which is lovely. Looking around here it seems the Croydon network is on its knees and Virgin keep putting back any fixes to it. Anyone from VM care to look into this for me?
Please use plain text.
Boffin
RichHW

Hi magicpatch,

I'm sorry you are experiencing slow speeds.

I've checked your modem and local network segment in your area. I did not find any issues.

Please confirm you are connected via ethernet and post the information described here together with trace route results to bbc.co.uk (no WWW) and any other sites which are causing you problems.

Due to the unreliability of speed test sites, the best way to test is to run 3/4 simultaneous downloads and add together the transfer rates. You can download files from here.

Many thanks

Richard
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.