Gaming Support

Get support for online gaming setup and connection issues

256 Posts

Email

For all Virgin Media Mail questions.

2940 Posts

Activity in Broadband

Sudden drop in SamKnows RealSpeed to router

https://samknows.com/realspeed/ tests to my Hub 5x usually show download speeds of 1140-1142 Mbps (I am on the Gig1 Full Fibre package). However, since yesterday evening the tests to the hub struggle to achieve more than 250-300 Mbps. I have rebooted...

Unsecured external cable connection

External cables are not protected and are not in a virgin box. Due to this, they were accidentally cut whilst gardening. Shouldn’t they have done a protected cable installation to a virgin box? I noticed my neighbours have bt and g-network boxes.

NViana14 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Outlook SMTP SSL Error

I am using a very old e-mail client Outlook 2010 but until today have had no issues sending / receiving mail. However today I get this:"0x800CCC1A " your server does not support the encryption type you have specified"I wonder if some new requirements...

techweb by On our wavelength
  • 24 replies
  • 2 kudos

Outlook e-mail error (0x800CCC1A) :

Was working fine until yesterday but now getting the following error message when I try to send an email from Outlook using my virginmedia.com account Task 'Bernard - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC1A) : 'Your server does not support the connection...

Blueyonder not sending e-mails

Can anyone suggest why Blueyonder is not sending some of my e-mails, even when I am replying to ones sent to me. They are being routed to my drafts folder.  There is no problem when I use my i-pad

Gooser42 by On our wavelength
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! STILL can't log in to Apple 'Mail'.

Hello.I have just followed recent VM mods (31-08-2021 09:47) but when I attempt to update my passwords in 'Mail'  the window tells me it can't verify account or name.I have tried to update the password a number of times following the https://www.virg...

Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 23.39.02.png Screen Shot 2023-06-24 at 23.37.37.png
IMB69 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connection is unusable, but status says no fault

"Our tests show that your broadband and Hub are online and working. If you need help reconnecting your devices, or if you’re still experiencing an issue, tap a help option below."OK, except that on any service, YouTube, ITVx, whatever,  WiFi or wired...

Gerrond by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade query

Hello If I upgrade from a 500mb to a 1gb internet connection do I get supplied with new a modem/router and wi fi pods? I presently have a Hub 3 modem/router and 3 white wi fi pods Thanks in advance for any information supplied John

changing user names for two email accounts

Hi Anna8, I am in the same position as yourself, quite a dilemma.Did you go for this and if so was it successful?Iam with VM and I cannot set up a new account on a new PC as it will not accept my password.I can still send and receive emails on my old...