Gaming Support

Get support for online gaming setup and connection issues

258 Posts

Email

For all Virgin Media Mail questions.

2965 Posts

Activity in Broadband

Hub 5 loses connection,

my Hub 5 has lost connection about 4 times in the last 48 hours, white light on front goes out and power supply still has a green light so no issue with plug, I have to restart the Hub 5 and all is well with the White light back once rebooted, howeve...

low device signal strength on Hub 5

So, having rebooted my Hub 5 following a broadband upload speed boost, I ran a network check on the hub and was told there were WiFi Issues.  The upshot is that two devices were flagged as "The device has low signal strength, please move it closer to...

Network Routing Issue

Hi,I believe there is a routing issue with the Virgin network which is preventing me from accessing my work e-mail. I am trying to connect to 'id.nordcloud.com' but the connection times out. This problem only started today and has been working fine f...

tracert.png
plynch66 by Dialled in
  • 44 replies
  • 1 kudos

SMTP Outlook / Windows Live / Windows 7 / SSL Problems - WORKAROUND

Thanks to Snoopdog for finding this but it seems that if you just use SMTP port 25 with no encryption (no TLS or SSL) then finally we can send e-mail again.Previously SMTP without SSL on port 25 was unsupported. However, now it is! How strange. That ...

techweb by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Email dead from this morning

I cannot send or receive emails from my 2 addresses  @ntlworld.com.I'm using Windows Live Mail 2012 with Windows 7 (I know it's old but has never been any trouble).Webmail is working fine.Here is the error message:Unable to send or receive messages f...

Snoopdog by On our wavelength
  • 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

Wi-Fi signal

Hi, I have a few black spots in my hose where the WiFi signal is very weak . I have tried doing the speed test thing in the virgin media connect app , but because the WiFi signal is so weak in  the rooms the app keeps saying you are not connected to ...

Ste1975 by Joining in
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Second failed pre-install

I was supposed to have my pre-install today, second attempt, and as you can guess no one has turned up. Even though I was assured by customer services that it would happen today, quote "I'm personally apologize you on the delay, John! I will have thi...